All Ireland Hurling Final 2020 Limerick v Waterford - the * All Ireland

Are you referring to Dungarvan or the Abbeyside/Dungarvan conurbation?

1 Like

Of the current crop there is only 1 who seems capable of doing the bollix . The current squad seem very well disciplined .

the team of the noughties were flamboyant and charismatic but weren’t too bad in hindsight . The odd sending off . What killed them was poor defending over those years

Barring the forgotten 2004 Munster final I have no recollection of JM even getting sent off .

The conurbation - the metropolis on the Colligan estuary .

I’d say it’s the most in recent years. The great teams of the 40s and 50s had decent Dungarvan contingents.

1 Like

You missed my point

I think it was the only time he was sent off for the county but he pulled a terrible stroke in a challenge against Mullinavat that won’t be forgotten down that way.

1 Like

I would think Lk teams have in the main been disciplined over the years . What really was lacking was skill levels . That is not a problem currently .

Eoin Kelly was a tramp

What straight red cards have limerick gotten in the past ten years?

Gillane, Seanie Tobin and Tom Condon anyway.

DOD got the line against Westmeath in the league

I don’t remember many outside of those three in championship.

Dowling got the line v Offaly in the league and I think k it was Dowling who got the line v Westmeath in a qualifier a few years back. Cc @Bod95 might be able to confirm

Someone of them got a line in a video.

1 Like

What year was that . He was also in an off the field thing around that time but I think he gathered himself

Barry Nash is a risk if he gets hot. Gillane I’d say is constantly fighting an inner battle to poleaxe someone

tenor (58)

I’d say it was 2001/2002. He was under 21 at the time. He was charged with assault in 2004 but acquitted by a jury of his peers in Waterford courthouse

1 Like

I was in the extended company of Mullane in Clem Smith’s pub in limerick around '05 or '06.

He was an absolute gentleman and decent craic

2 Likes

Shur that was one of the reasons Currid was brought back. Not Nash in party but there are a few who let’s say like to play on the edge both in and off the field.