All Ireland Hurling Final 2020 Limerick v Waterford - the * All Ireland

The fact that Liam Cahill is managing Waterford and has such an impressive managerial CV thus far will be a concern for Limerick. However if they keep Stephen Bennett and to a lesser extent Austin Gleeson quiet then Waterford just won’t have the scores to win this game. Who’ll be tasked with marking Bennett? Sean Finn maybe?

Oh, my life is changing everyday
In every possible way
And oh, my dreams
It’s never quite as it seems
(Never quite as it seems)

1 Like

Finn will have enough to be doing. Doubt they’ll put someone specifically on him tbh

Evanne looking well on the preview of the match on the news there. John Kiely is some man to manage the Limerick hurlers and be a principal in a secondary school at the same time. He must be flat out.

Suppose Dessie Hutchinson needs watching too.

The beauty that surrounds you
I take it with me love where e’er I go.

1 Like

The cold winds from the mountain, are calling soft to me

Is it a worry that Fergal Horgan and Liam Cahill hurled together on the same Tipp team in 1998?

Horgan is by far and away the best ref in the country at the moment and I’m sure he’ll ref it impartially

2 Likes

No it’s ideal. He won’t be able to be seen to give them anything

1 Like

Hopefully Horgan will award Waterford a few more frees than he did against Kilkenny. TJ Reid scored 13 points from frees. Stephen Bennett just 6.

Was Horgan the one doing the fouling as well?

2 Likes

Did Bennett hit any wides?

Horgan and Waterford seem to have taken a strange dislike to eachother in recent years. The De Burca debacle seems to have been the catalyst.

Remember Steven Daniels attacking Horgan at half time in the 2017 Final?

Horgan went against them totally in the second half. He handed Galway the ball at a throw in and the free against Fives when the game was in the melting point.

For a team that were so utterly dominant in the second half against Kilkenny, Waterford found it very hard to win a free off Horgan. 2-16 of their second half total of 2-17 was from play.

How can they have a Late Late Show with plenty of guests but can’t stage an Up For The Match?

If Kilkenny tackled at all they might have got a free

1 Like

Waterford weren’t doing any fouling for a lot of the frees awarded to Kilkenny

1 Like

Everyone is assuming Horgan likes Cahill because they played on the same team. He might think he’s a cunt :joy:

2 Likes