All Ireland Hurling Final 2020 Limerick v Waterford - the * All Ireland

Horgan has been Waterford’s least favourite referee for a long while now. Anyone but Horgan was the mantra in Waterford before the appointment was made for the final.

Great boost for Limerick though to get their favourite and lucky charm referee for the final.

I’d say they probably get on alright but he seems to be mad to show he isn’t biased. Could be even worse this time because it’s been highlighted.

Horgan did a very poor job on the semi final.

1 Like

Yeah it’s a funny one.

I was drinking with some Waterford lads that winter of 2017, who may or may not be involved again on Sunday and they were pretty open with what they thought of him.

Liam won’t be beaten when he sees this as he sets off on the journey to Dublin

1 Like

I hope to fuck its won fair and square and theres no bollocks afterwards about the ref.

5 Likes

Is it Willie Barrett as the National Referees Development Committee Chairman that has the final say in who’s appointed?

The best of luck to the Waterford. A great bunch of lads.

I’m not sure now.

It used to be Pat Doherty from Westmeath but he’s now Head of Operations with Westmeath GAA.

I wouldn’t begrudge either team the win on Sunday. The following Sunday is war though. Anyone but Dublin (footballers).

It’s all green and White

7 Likes

Horgan’s wife is from Waterford
 He has a mobile home in Tramore and Ken McGrath was his best man 

2 Likes

Shur lookit, it’s great just to be there.

During Marty’s piece from the bridge in Carrick on suir I spotted Keith Barry waving a picket watch in front of Horgans eyes in the background :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

You bleed green and white pal

:grin:

Padraig Kelly should never have been given MOTM in 1993 the 1992 winner Big Pat O Neill was the best hurler on the field by 2 miles in the 93 final but was denied by tokenism from Jimmy Barry if i remember it rightly, Kelly never struck a ball in the 1st half of that match.

1 Like

Jake Dillon has been sentenced to deletion

Surprised Dillon is dropped he was poor v KK but had hurled well before that and Montgomery a good option off the bench