All Ireland Hurling Final 2020 Limerick v Waterford - the * All Ireland

Ready

2 Likes

Iā€™ve thought you well, old friend

1 Like

I can recall the day I fell in love with Limerick hurling. 1994 v Cork in the Gaelic Grounds. I was only a chap and Iā€™d been to lots of matches before that, the Munster Final where TomĆ”s Mulcahy dropped his hurley to kick the ball to the net, the league final comeback v Tipp, Ennis in 93, but I canā€™t fully remember any of those games.

I remember 94 vividly. I went to the game with my brother, grandfather and father. I absolutely adored my grandfather, I worshipped the ground he walked on. He was a tough man, a man of a different era but he was a kind soul. He was always so good to us. He had gone through hard times as a child, orphaned out as an infant to relatives during the War of Independence due to unfortunate circumstances. His mother died and his father was on the run and couldnā€™t come home, the Tans were even at her funeral in the hope heā€™d show up. The story goes his father watched the funeral procession from the house to the graveyard from the hills overlooking the home place, moving silently along the hilltop to keep up with the funeral party as it proceeded towards the graveyard below. It led to a fractious and complicated history We knew his story and our family history by heart and carried it around with us. We still do, to be honest.

He was a gem of a man. Fiery, passionate, he loved his pint and his whiskey chaser and most of all the hurling. He lived for Limerick Hurling. He was a nightmare to attend a game with, he couldnā€™t attend without involving himself in a row with an opposition fan about something or other. And the ref was always wronging Limerick.

That day in the rain in 94ā€¦if I could go back to any day in my life Iā€™d go back to that day. To spend a day like that again with my Grandfather and father. Great days. He was the first man I thought of when I gathered my bearings in the Hogan Stand in 2018 in the minutes after the final whistle and Iā€™ll think of him again tomorrow, please God.

Tomorrow, we have the chance of winning a second All Ireland title in 3 years. I genuinely never thought Iā€™d ever see that.

And as much as I really would love for us to do that, I genuinely could not begrudge Waterford if they beat us. Every county should experience the feeling we had in 2018, or Galway had in 2017 etc. It is a wonderful thing. I genuinely hope that @Fagan_ODowd & @Bugsy_Malone and @Thornhill get to experience that some day. But not tomorrow

Limerick by 4

34 Likes

Please Lord God in heaven
let Limerick win the match today,
Keep both teams safe from injury
and let there be no regrets.
Let them leave it all out there
on the field.

Amen

1 Like

Great post mate.

1 Like

Strange behaviour

What a needy cunt

Leave god out of it.

Some rain in the capital. Torrential.
God seems angry.

Waterford by two.

Pitch inspection at 10.30 apparently

Shouldnā€™t have let the women out on it last night

1 Like

Ah the stupid cunts knew the forecast. They could have at least covered the fucking thing after the match last night.

Itā€™s pure madness to be playing both games in Croker today. Itā€™s raining heavy here and it doesnā€™t look like stopping anytime soon. Bizarre decision by the powers that be.

Theyā€™ll have to switch it to the Pairc. Landers will be delighted

2 Likes

Could it be moved to the Neller ???

Antrim and Kerry can be moved to OMP easily. No one cares about hurling in either county. Be grand.

Move the Joe MaCDonagh

Just as big a day for the players in the Kerry v Antrim game. Hopefully it stops soon anyway.

Supposed to clear up around 12? According to my phone anyway

:clap: