All Ireland Hurling Final 2020 Limerick v Waterford - the * All Ireland

Looks to be clearing around 1 pm.

1 Like

Will Oā€™Donoghue for MOTM in the mud and the shit

They know their place in the grand scheme of things

Youā€™ve been consistent on this all year in fairness.

The time is now. The man is WOD

Letā€™s make this moment last.

Iā€™ve stuck on the 2018 final to pass an hour or two :sunglasses:

I hope everybody enjoys the game.

A lifetimeā€™s waiting ended on 10th August 2018.

In that lifetime Iā€™ve seen Galway, Offaly, Clare & Wexford win breakthrough All-Irelands. Iā€™ve seen Donegal, Derry, Armagh & Tyrone do likewise in football. Add in some great provincial triumphs by Leitrim, Laois, Westmeath, Tipperary & Cavan, but Iā€™ve never seen the DĆ©ise at the top table.

If it is to be so at 5pm this evening theyā€™ll have deserved it. Good luck to all.

The GAA has shone a light on this country during this horrid year. God bless the light that shines on Limerick & Waterford today.

Thank you for the days.

11 Likes

The light theyā€™ve shone being the second wave.

Financial doping never put a ball over the bar.

Hopefully they wait till 5 all Irelandā€™s in a row for limerick before they try and split us in two.

Iā€™d never begrudge Waterford a win but, to completely contradict what I just said, Iā€™ll begrudge them this one.

Waterford should win with fans present

The rain is getting heavier if anything. Be a wet day in Croke Park today lads. Wrap up well.

Youā€™d better wait til you win five championship matches in a row before you get ahead of yourself.

Only joking lad. One game at a time :sunglasses:

The mask slipped.

@Fagan_ODowd has that pinned to his phone.

Youā€™ve probably cost Limerick this All Ireland.

Iā€™d say the game will be postponed if this rain does not ease off.

Itā€™s to clear around 1 pm. Doubt the game before our game will help though.

Waterford have won just 1 of the 8 knock out championship matches against Limerick since 1982, a 1 point win in 1999. Limerick beat Waterford by 8 points in last years league final and by 13 points and 20 points in the Munster Championship in 2018 and 2019. Waterford seem to be really just clinging onto the hope that by pushing Limerick to 4 points in this years Munster Final, they could spring an upset. The cold reality is that this is a very one sided rivalry and it would require a serious balls up from Limerick for Waterford to win today.

More made-up and inaccurate statistics being thrown out there as usual.

Itā€™s hard to call this game. The fact Galway were level with us on 75 mins (after losing Mannion and canning) worries me. If Waterford are allowed be that close I really think they could kick on and take the winning score. Limerick donā€™t seem to have hit top gear and weā€™re only speculating that itā€™s in us. Weā€™ve seen the level Waterford can hit and the momentum is with them. On the other hand, I think we have more quality and have done enough to win all year. I think Limerick are going to put in a performance and win but if I was a Waterford supporter Iā€™d be very optimistic.

Lots of the two teams strengths cancel each other out. Waterford limited Limerickā€™s half forwards more than any other team this year. Limerick will take de burca out of it by only playing down the sidelines. If Gleeson starts like he finished the last game he could cause chaos and Iā€™m not sure how Limerick adjust. Canā€™t see Waterford field so much high ball against the Limerick half back line plus Oā€™Donoghue. Gillane clearly not 100% and Flanagan starts to provide the ball winning support. Limerickā€™s patched together full back line still hasnā€™t been properly tested.

I think/hope that Limerick have more ways to win but it will come down to attitude and who wants it more. Anything less than absolute top gear from Limerick and Waterford will win because they are not a team to down.

1 Like