All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

Born in mungret and family later moved out the road with fathers job

1 Like

Lads are judged on what they do in semi and final. These are the matches that matter most. The ability to perform when it matters most, is what separates the good from the great.

2 Likes

Midfield can be like that though - Darragh Fitz hardly touched the ball in the first 50 odd minutes of the final until moved to centre forward. Sometimes everything breaks for you at midfield other times it can bypass you.

I agree, but I don’t think one good game is enough for an all star. Even one outstanding one. It’s also why I’ve said Hayes shouldn’t get one.

1 Like

It can, but not for all star level players.

Again - Darragh Fitz is a nailed on all star and that is exactly what happened him in the all Ireland final and Cian Lynch in the Munster final etc etc

The winners write the history.

2 Likes

TK was only ok in the Munster final and all Ireland semi final.

Played well in the QF and obviously gave one of the great displays when it mattered most in the final.

I initially started this post saying he wasn’t deserving an all star but I’ve probably changed my mind now.

I think Cian Kenny should either get one or be a very close second, he scored and created a lot plus his general work rate has increased a lot.
If KK stopped ballooning the ball over his head in the SF they could have been in the final.

3 Likes

It’s an odd year. Every team lost two games. Waterford beat cork and lost to Clare by two points. Every team had a really bad game too.

Shane o Donnell was fairly well marked by Limerick but he’s universally accepted as the hurler
Of the year.

Strange though, because he’d be the first person you’d pick if you were picking an Irish team for the Olympics

In what sport?

1 Like

Tae kwando

Not at all.

Be a toss between SOD or Kyle Hayes.

Tony Kelly can be marked out of games very easily. And has been multiple times in the past. A great man when things are loose

In his position I meant

And Limerick don’t deserve any All Stars this year. Not 1.

What would be your olympic team kid?

Rugby Sevens, Boxing, Judo, Tae Kwan Do, any of them anyway. Stephen Kenny should’ve called him in midfield for the soccer really

Yeah but that’s not the point. No one is doubting his calibre as a player, but the all star is for form over the season.

Irrelevant.

Honestly? Horses for courses I suppose.
It’s genuinely hard to look past the Limerick back 7 if they’re fit. Id have Flanagan, lynch and gillane as well.
Id have whaylan in the ff line. SOD obviously. Tony Kelly.
Id have to think hard about the rest.
If the Limerick back seven are fit, they are a rock solid unit.