All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

Hurling enjoyable on TV but hard to know what is going on around the pitch from the TV.

2 Likes

I find it much easier to watch when Iā€™m at the match, shared experience or something, tension can be too much on TV
I love a packed terrace, Iā€™ll take that over a stand ticket any day

3 Likes

Doesnā€™t happen as often these days but the tension of listening to a match on the radio is unrivalled. Every opposition attack sounds dangerous.

12 Likes

If i was Clare management Iā€™d try get TK on Rob Downey at 11, thatā€™s an uncomfortable matchup and stops him from sitting protecting the D of TK gets on ball.

Cork may need to move Downey to the wing in this scenario.

Rodger and SOD capable of beating Downey and O Donoghue in a 2 v 2

Jesus - Iā€™d be getting Tony Kelly on Tim Oā€™Mahony however possible

TOā€™M will hate it

Same with horse racing. Itā€™s savage exciting.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/philoflife_/status/1798723057663828006?s=46

1 Like

Ya, I havenā€™t been to a final lately but Iā€™ve been to all the Cork finals pre 21 and there was never any hassle getting tickets really once you put out the call,
This year is definitely different and I know of a few people that youā€™d be shocked to hear donā€™t have tickets yet, I donā€™t hold out much hope but I donā€™t have any involvement in GAA anymore so no complaints

1 Like

I seem to have grossly underestimated the demand for tickets for this and so far have been reduced to a measly Hill 16 ticket.

6 Likes

what the ticket hunt like in Clare? not near as hard to get one as in Cork I suspect

I suspect itā€™s harder

yeah? both counties get equal number of tickets dont they? less clubs, smaller population in clare = easier to get ticket??

1 Like

Its bad in Cork alright. Heard some people offering Coldplay tickets plus cash for AI tickets. Coldplay wouldnt be my cup of tea but I hear theyā€™re a big draw. Understandable really. Lots of Cork folk my age have probably done a leaving cert, went through college, got married, had kids and in all that time have never seen their county win a hurling All Ireland. Its the only show in town.

6 Likes

I never really thought of it like that.

Mad.

Demand has far outstripped supply so far and canā€™t see it changing

Fair play to her ā€¦suppose she needed a second so she could mind him!!

:dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face:

The above is per codeā€¦so if you were senior in both codes youd get 84 plus whatever players you might have?

The problem for many is you might need to go to Dublin on spec to get it