All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

That would be my reading of it anyway.

Cork have been excellent over the last few months and get my vote but I genuinely think Clare will fancy their chances of breaking even at least in a lot of the personal duels mentioned here over the last few days. They have a good chance of upsetting the Rebels

Jesus since the Cork crowd became hurling fans a few weeks ago they’ve really embraced this hurling craic. Will Croke Park need to be expanded?

4 Likes

You wouldnt remember corks glory days they were pre 2018…but we always brung a crowd

3 Likes

With Clare glasses on -

My combined Clare/Cork XV

Collins
Hogan-Cleary-SOD
Joyce-Conlon-Mcinerney
Kelly-Fitz
Duggan-Barrett-Harnedy
Rodgers-Connolly-SOD

I don’t think keeper is a particular strength of either side, wouldn’t be surprised if both sides had different keepers starting in a year or two.
I am a big fan of both O’Leary and Leen but think SOD is better than both when on his game.

Cleary has had an up and down year but has won his last two battles with Chin and TJ, while I like Eoin Downey and think he has potential, aside from a highlight reel catch v Limerick I thought he was very slack and there for the taking but Limerick never really went at him - Flanagan sauntered into a lot of uncontested ball I though the last day but looked dreadfully out of form and didn’t punish him like he did earlier in the year. He also struggled big time against Clare in PUC.

All things being equal, I think Clare individually and collectively are better at half back. Joyce is the pick of the cork players but maybe not a wing back but have given him the nod over Diarmuid Ryan who is also an excellent hurler but not a particularly good defender. Downey has done ok at centre back but again I think a lot of this is being painted by highlight reel catches rather than solid centre back play - Conlon had been up and down this year but when he is using the ball well he really makes Clare tick.

I am a big fan of both TOM and Malone and it a real game Darragh’s Fitz and Kelly would lack balance but both players are excellent when on their game.

Barrett, SOD and Connolly are all nailed on while Duggan and Harnedy edge out Dalton on the wings. Last inside slot is tough between Rodgers, Horgan and Hayes - main slight I would have on Hayes is that while he was outstanding both days against Limerick we haven’t seen hurl like that against other sides in league or championship, Horgan could easily get the spot for services rendered and his oppotunistic finishing but I truthfully wouldn’t swap Rodgers for either at this point in time.

Unless its football, Cork always bring in a crowd when they’re going well.

1 Like

They were pre 2008. A long time ago now.

Downey has done ‘ok’ at centre-back? Gway boy.

2 Likes

We won an all Ireland in 2010 pal

Limericks hopping like sausages still

I’ve heard the telegram group is box office at the moment :grinning:

1 Like

Iv gotten a few screenshots…

Apparently the big one at the moment is make sure you tell the carkies how many tickets @thelimericks have available for themselves

If we’re counting stuff in other sports we won the champions league a few times

Security isn’t great in the telegram group, :grinning:

1 Like

The Telegram thing has @backinatracksuit over a barrel.

3 Likes

That’s what I’ve heard alright :man_shrugging:

You might eventually get the invite bud who knows!

1 Like

What would ye talk about then :rofl:

1 Like

Wow what a narcissistic fella you are :see_no_evil:

Klaxon wasn’t long sounding there. Even brought out the part-time Cork supporters

Fucking simpletons :smile:

1 Like