All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

The Tipp posters on here are very shrewd judges of hurling for the most part. If they’re saying that this years minor team have IT then I’d tend to believe them. They were preaching that the 2016 minor/U21 2018/U20 2019 team were functional at best and lacking in stardust. Even when they’d won an All-Ireland U21 title despite basically being an U20 team in 18’.

1 Like

Facts don’t matter to these lads. His score per game ratio from play is outrageous. Never had the fodder in Leinster either.

1 Like

Putting Horgan in the same bracket as Shefflin is demented

3 Likes

Agreed, Hoggie is better than any Kilkenny wanker.

1 Like

Look at the big balls on Brad!

Brad? Fuck off lad.

How many KK wankers have 5 all ireland medals rattling in a drawer somewhere in the past 20 years. Pipe down now, lad.

Who’d usurp him if he wins it?

There’s been loads, he’s in good company

He was interviewed earlier, I think it was Marty Morrissey, he’s philosophical about it, absolutely loves hurling, said that the big reward of beating Limerick was the opportunity to keep the year going, go back training Tuesday night etc, life goes on, the career is short, even if it’s nearly 20 years, it’ll all be over soon enough.
I hope he has a good game tomorrow, people have short memories.

You don’t get to be one of the best forwards in the game by being soft, Horgan is a tough fucker

5 Likes

If thats the case then Ring must be as i suspect, widely overated too.

1 Like

That makes no sense

1 Like

Frank Roche with an identical prediction to myself.

Clare haven’t looked right energy wise all year… They look to be a notch down on 2022/23. However, the second half against KK and having the quality of Taylor back on the bench along with the form of Galvin will give them great encouragement.

The one area they always look ripe for exploiting is the space they tend to leave in front of their FB line. TBF no one has ever truly gone to town on them and their FBs are very good spoilers but Cork will surely continue pulling Barret and the shaved ape out the field and it’ll be interesting to see what Conlon does.

I think their forwards match up very well and if they don’t do a Limerick and press up on Cork i think there’s plenty of goal opportunities to be had… For me Duggan is their ace. Easy to say after the game in de pairc says you… But i don’t think Cork have anyone that can handle him. A lot of talk about Joyce… I think Duggan would ate him and he’ll trouble that Cork half line like we didn’t.
Clare can’t let it become a shootout, there’s only one winner there.

The Cork puckouts will be very interesting… Clare don’t really do zonal so they’ll follow their man… Will they back their players to win the breaks in a very congested middle? I think it’ll be a far more varied game from Collins and they’ll look to run the bollix off Clare from side to side on restarts.

The worry is outside of two great Limerick performances Cork have been so so all year… Can they find that level for a non Limerick team? They have plenty of match winners but for me their strength is their hard running at pace - they have to pull Clare all over the park and run the legs off them - there’s only one winner if this is an arm wrestle.

It’s gonna be close, both sets of fans are rightly bullish as it’s a 50/50 game. I fear a little bit more for the cork defence tho and it’ll be similarly interesting to see what R Downey does - like Conlon, does he stick or twist?

Clare 2-26
Cork 2-24.

But if you ask me in an hour, I’ll tip Cork by 2.

By the by - they’ve completely lost the run of themselves down here. It’s absolutely mental.

5 Likes

2 Likes

May seem mad but if we get out of the traps quickly,I can see 5 point difference at the end,Rebels abu,
Limerick would have destroyed Clare , I honestly feel we’re a different animal last while since bating Limerick down the pairc

3 Likes

The likes of Horgan is why Cork haven’t won the big one for nearly 20 years. It’s not about him personally nor is it about Cork generally. I just think ye produced a generation of players who had no character. He’s simply the most talented of them.

I don’t think he has changed either. He just has a different generation around him now. Look at the dying moments of the Limerick game in the round robin this year. Cork chasing an equaliser. The whole stadium on its feet. Horgan gets possession and what does he do? Throws himself to the ground trying to con the ref into giving him a free. And fair play to Sean Stack he saw right through it. Then gobshites trying to give him the glory for scoring the penalty instead of Kingston who took on both Byrnes and Hayes to win it. What’s the conversion rate for penalties these days? 80% Come on.

But it’s not just him. It was his whole generation. I will never forget Pa Cronin, captain of Cork no less, going out in an All-Ireland final and throwing himself on the ground every time the ball came near him to con his way to a medal. Just sickening shite that no other county would be proud of. Contrast that with Seamie Harnedy as that replay slipped away from Cork. Forget the goal he got to level the game. Twice as the clock wound down he caught brilliant balls over Conor Ryan’s head to give Cork the goal chances they needed to save himself. A totally committed, honest player in his first year on the team, that was sneered at within his own county because of the club he came from.

The reason ye have a serious team again is because lads like Connolly, Hayes, and Barrett are in Harnedy’s mould and not Horgan’s. It’s crazy to me that Horgan is the one ye go on about deserving the medal. Harnedy, despite not hailing from an aristocratic Cork hurling club, is the one who embodied the values that once made Cork great. Far better story and a far more worthy hero for young Cork lads to look up to.

13 Likes

Fierce longwinded rubbish in fairness

4 Likes

This guy gets it

Rubbish. Players with no character do not score this point. Cork didn’t win the All-Ireland because they’ve had poor teams since the late 2000s. Only briefly in 2018 were Cork even close to being the best team in Ireland.

8 Likes