All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

Wonder who be commentator for it, please let it not be Maloney. Marty I reckon if he makes it up from East Clare tonight.

Is Davy after giving Clare the kiss of death there?

That was some point. Would have been best ever all Ireland winning point id say. Best football was your man brendan reilly for meath in 96. Very underrated point

Fucking hell, must be drink on board.

2 Likes

The issue is he is being compared to Sheflin, Canning and TJ who made their own scores, facilitated others and led attacks. To me he is most like Eoin Kelly and he ain’t prime Eoin Kelly. Great player but not in that tier. It’s actually very simple. He is actually the most like the recently retired Tipp man Callanan in that he is a beautiful hurler and unbeatable to take a score but went through career troughs.

3 Likes

They just about cheated their way past a 14 man Galway

Say it’s Marty. Was on with Ray darcy on radio Friday. Think he was locked away in his shed writing that cringey essay he’s comes out with at the start of every all ireland final. Spontaneous it ain’t.

A good comparison but I don’t think you can compare an assassin like Callanan who buried or set up goals to Hoggie who spent the first 14 years of his career tapping over handy points from 25 yards out when Cork had an overlap and handy goal for the begging.

Hoggie is revered because of that silly scoring record and his longevity.

8 Likes

Callanan is one of my favourite players and I’d have him ahead agreed. His peak in 16 was unbelievable and he was a goal getter. Horgan is an amazing player, wrists to die for but dependant on others. I was kind of saying I suppose that Callanan some way was but more capable of winning his own ball.
I’d be a massive Gillane fan, can do it any way, but if he’d wrists like Hoggie he’d be the GOAT

1 Like

What a fucking bunch of tripe

6 Likes

Its absolutely mental when you think about it that a Club as iconic as the Glen can have 3 key men starting tomorrow and find themselves in the Intermediate grade.

They’ll surely fancy a run at the All Ireland in that.

2 Likes

Horgan is the best stickman of all time which is a much more important accolade in my eyes than being the best player of all time.

3 Likes

Be mortifying to win it

3 Likes

They’re Senior A, you don’t play provincial club if you win that.

2 Likes

What a joke.

1 Like

Sure if you’re going down that road then Jason Forde would be a top 10 player of all time in that category, silly comparison.

Anyhow on that silly merit award, Bubbles is the most gifted sticksman of all time and always showed it on the big days in Croke park.

4 Likes

Stickman is a very important accolade and Jayo would be up there alright. Bubbles probably number 2 but I’ve never seen someone who can make the ball talk quite as well as Horgan.

I loved the way he spoke to Donal Og during the week about shaping the strike in different ways. He can literally do anything he likes with a ball but the one thing i will say is that the size of his bĂĄs is a bit of a red mark against him.

2 Likes

Callanan has 40 goals in championship hurling. Majority scored when there was no round robbin. Most of them solo goals enginneered by himself. There was a time he’d get a ball out on the sideline and turn and you knew the umpire would be reaching for a green flag in a moments time. He was unplayable back in the day. None of Shefflin, Reid, Horgan or Gillane had the physical gifts he had.

9 Likes

No all Ireland run for them on senior b

A good senior b club at a push

1 Like

Looking at Wikipedia at the scoring charts, Donal Burke seems to have the highest points per game ever.