All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

Are you ok pal? You seem to be taking today to heart.

I’ve forgotten how to not attend an All Ireland

4 Likes

Tbh none of us have a clue what will happen. It’s just too hard to call. Best of luck to both sets of players and supporters.
I think the few minutes before an all Ireland final is absolutely magical, especially when there’s a bit of quiet just before amhrán na bhFiann starts. Then the roar as it comes to a climax.
A day to savour for all gaa supporters.

1 Like

If Cork win there will be the asterisk of them not having beaten Waterford.

Seeing as we bate em twice they’ll need two asterixes

Michelle Smiths Olympic medals would hold more worth than any Celtic crosses Clare might get today.

1 Like

Or Lance Armstrong’s yellow jersey

1 Like

Or Tipp 1989

5 Likes

Clare probably deserve an all Ireland on balance over the last few years. But I think they are weaker than previous years.

Corks to lose. Hoggy booooys redemption arc

Just passed Mark Coleman and another lad who i can only assume was at best a sub and most likely an extended panelist since i didnt recognise him walking down Leeson Street.

Coleman looked nervous in his normal clothes and was probably trying to disguise himself while the other lad was in full Cork training kit and carrying a hurley so couldn’t have been doing much more to make himself noticed.

Huge Cork crowd loitering outside the Burlington. They bring tremendous razzmatazz to days like these.

3 Likes

Kelly Fitzgerald an O’Donnell should be running straight down at the downeys every time. Both are very slow on the turn. And the goals will come.

1 Like

Clare will need 4 goals today to win. They will get the chances - but may not take them. They will need to stay in the game when cork have purple patch and bring it down the stretch.

Always enjoyable getting some well informed views on here. Viewing it from afar I thought Cork fell over the line against Limerick with no score at all from them in the last 10 mins. If Clare are close going down the stretch I’d expect them to get the job done. I watched the 2021 game in Cushendall, il be watching todays game in Ballycastle so the omens aren’t great for Cork.
Greatly looking forward to it, fair play to the BBC for the effort put in.
https://twitter.com/BBCSPORTNI/status/1813903615796596926

5 Likes

I wonder about the decision of Cork staying in the Burlo last night. Must be difficult to remain focused in that environment.

2 Likes

Big day nerves. Advantage Clare.

https://twitter.com/PaMulSport/status/1814981104765428004?t=hZt4677kUWAjjbcvrbuM9A&s=19

It looked mental when i passed an hour ago.

A few hundred Cork fans just loitering around.

I’m sure they’ve tried to protect the team but you’d really wonder about what the need was really, what was the benefit? Personally I’d prefer Clares approach but each to their own I suppose.

Settling down for 4 hours of Ben Hur

Should just about allow me to catch the end of the Hurling when it’s over

2 Likes

They probably got a good deal. CEO of Dalata Hotels is a big Cork hurling fan.

1 Like

Tickets sorted. I will enjoy the occasion as a neutral at least this time

1 Like