All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

No chance they have been found wanting when the pressure came on. Cork outworked which is never good, the Downeys kept them in it.

Sister was in PUiC with the kids

Said it was very weird leaving a stadium where there were no winners :grinning:
Which is a fair point

Clare were 5/6 points the better team in normal time. Some awful, awful wides cost them. They cleaned Cork puckouts and stifled most of their danger men well. Credit cork for hanging in and it looked like they had the legs in extra time. A couple of dubious refereeing decisions and ROF going for goal that time instead of a point were huge.
Iā€™d agree that it should have been a replay. It was tragic watching players hobbling off throughout extra time.

12 Likes

Harnedy was very good again in fairness to him, heā€™s had some year. Heā€™ll have to stay on another year anyway.

4 Likes

Glad to see clare winning, but that was a joe mcquillanesque refereeing performanceā€¦no two ways about it

He done great.

1 Like

He made one bad mistake that was wrongly waved wide. It should have gone to Alan Connolly.

1 Like

Alan Connolly was quiet today. Needs to get his missus to tone down the TikTokā€™s. Iā€™d say Conor Cleary gave him dogs abuse over it.

1 Like

Hard luck Cork backers and well done clare.

Clare to me weā€™re much better but just always give you chances. Glad it was them to win it as have been knocking on the door a few years now.

Sent on johnny Loganā€™s whatā€™s another year to every Cork person I know on Whatsapp just there.

6 Likes

Johnny Murphy one of the first referees to pass up a gilt edged chance for a replay.

Cork were poor though. They barely raised a gallop from the time they went 7 up after about 20 minutes. Bad wides from Clare were the reason it went or extra time.

David Fitzgerald had some game. Had a few bad wides and missed the final chance in extra time but stuck at it.

2 Likes

Kyle hayes was slated by mark landers for participating in harness racing before the semi final. I wonder will he slate Alan Connolly for his activities last weekend.

Iā€™d say landers is fair sick after giving it Billy big bollocks for weeks now.

Not sure they deserved the luck given how Mellerick threw himself to the ground earlier

2 Likes

Extra time in GAA is invariably always an utter joke with a fresh round of substitutions inside the 20 minutes. Thereā€™s rarely ever a flow to it. But split season zealots like @Perez2017 want to get cracking with the club season so after a terrific 70 minutes warranted a replay for everyone, you get that abomination of an extra time.

7 Likes

Landers is an ape full stop, I wouldnā€™t pay attention to anything he says.

5 Likes

What did he do last weekend? The TikTokā€™s are from earlier in the summer.

1 Like

It was a cuntish act to single
Kyle out post game on a show like that and itā€™s grated with me ever since.

1 Like

Had one of these weird ones where he scored about 0-4 and missed about 2-04. Even in open play he fumbled a fair few routine pickups. But at the same time Clare would not have won it without him.

Bloody man child wanted to kids gone at half time to stroke his ego, delighted for him.

4 Likes

Wouldnā€™t worry about that fat cunt. He can blow the vulaveeza all the way home now

2 Likes

To be fair it was probably as exciting a period of extra time as I can recall in the GAA since the Meath-Kildare replay in 1997. In hurling maybe the Limerick-Tipp trilogy in 2007. Most extra-time periods are a joke though and the concept of straight to extra time after a final is the real joke.

1 Like