All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

Arra, itā€™s only an auld hobby and a bit of fun. ROF will enjoy the slagging with his Clare pals

3 Likes

Ya, itā€™s tough at that level, he missed another easy chance earlier on but that one at the death could have been so different, a real sliding doors moment

Very awkward looking in possession. Hit a bad wide in extra-time when Cork were in the ascendancy.

2 Likes

He went for goal when the sides were level around the 85th minute too didnā€™t he?

Yes.

Yeah, a bad decision probably although Iā€™d probably say poor execution moreso. He hit at a nice height. Hits it low and hard and heā€™s a hero, it had opened up.

Heā€™ll have regrets sadly.

2 Likes

a daisycutter was the job there.

If only Kev had been bought into the cark backroom team. Theyā€™d have won pulling up

1 Like

Easier said than done, he struck that ball well but itā€™s true what you say

Another sliding doors moment for Robbie, Jesus thatā€™s tough

Goalkeepers always hate a low shot bouncing at them. Marty lavished praise on Quilligan but it was one for the cameras really.

2 Likes

Well done Clareā€¦they make history as the first team to lose twice in championship and win an ireland.

1 Like

Cork had no luck in the dying minutes. Aside from the blatant free on Fitzgibbon that was a 2 point swing there was this.

https://twitter.com/KieranMcC_SS/status/1815068177534947390?t=of_gvAAUlET0lgJCHwspXw&s=19

1 Like

Hard luck Cork and congratulation to Clare. A fully deserving victory, completely outworked Cork and should have finished it early in the second half.

1 Like

Any pics from fan park Porky Kiev??

:skull::skull::skull:

1 Like

Pretty standard for an inter-county forward, had the time to pick his spot, straight at the keeper was the only place he didnā€™t need to hit it

That last TK point is one of the greatest scores ever.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a horrible miss for ROF tbf. You wouldnā€™t want lads from dlubs from Douglas, Erins Own, Sars and Midleton taking a pressure shot like that. Nice young fellows and all.

1 Like

It was a great final no doubt. But weā€™ve had some epics over the years. KK GOATs v Tipp were some games.

Anyway.

I really feel for ROF. Heā€™ll have nightmares for a long time.

If Clare had lost Fitzgerald and Shanagaher would have been in the same boat.

Daft there isnā€™t a replay regardless of Jack McCaffreyā€™s opinion.

Daft it comes to this, like Duignan who has a an influence at congress, for people call it out for the farce that it is.

1 Like

A few of us had him twigged early when he came on. Still, itā€™s not fair to be singling players out after a game like that. Everybody brought something to the table.

I was going to say pre-match I thought Tim Oā€™Mahony was a serious weak link for Cork. Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t do that, because he was brilliant. It feels wrong to criticise any player after that.

Itā€™s a very weird feeling after that final. I wanted Clare to win but I wanted both teams to win and I wanted neither team to win today.

Iā€™m very sad for Cork and for Horgan and Harnedy, especially the manner of the defeat. The most painful All-Ireland hurling final loss for a team as I can recall ever.

I would have been very sad for Clare had they lost and Iā€™m delighted for them that they won. Clare All-Ireland victories are never ordinary, they are always extraordinary.

If Cork were to win it next year especially with the two old boys hanging on - and they surely will hang on - it would be a very popular victory.

2 Likes