All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

As an aside, this of course should have gone to a replay after normal time. It’s ridiculous that it’s not and does this wonderful sport no service at all.

5 Likes

Ah here.

1 Like

Delighted for Lohan.

Saw the first half of the game in Barack Obama Plaza listened to the rest of it on the radio and watched the extratime back on the +1. For all that it’s clear that TK was motm. Clare’s game management in the end game was brutal but they were clearly the better team. Corks forwards were very well shackled. I’d say the occasion got to some of them. Hogan and Leen were very good again.

3 Likes

Was a free at the end alright but it was about 2:15 into injury time at that stage and sure how he got that out of 10 minutes play in 2nd half ET.

1 Like

It would have been justice for Domhnall O’Donovan

Congrats to Clare. Hard luck Cork. A brilliant match.

Too many lads analysing games and players based on results alone. Some of the Cork players were already being hailed as all time greats and hurling revolutionaries after winning a tight semi final. Some of the same lads are being portrayed by some of their own and others as stone cold useles tonight. The answer as always is in the in between, very good players who didnt hit the heights today they did two weeks ago

TK on the other hand has never been in between. He is an utter genius!

11 Likes

https://twitter.com/roycurtis68/status/1815067897250652425?s=46

Congrats Clare, what a performance in a final. Never ran out of steam, never backed down and attacked every ball like their lives depended on it.

Cork will feel wronged by a couple ref decisions that would have changed the outcome of the game but most observers feel Clare were the better team.

Well done to Lohan, I was as critical of him as anyone. He’s built this team over a number of years in his own image.

Tony Kelly performance for the ages after barely pucking a ball all year. That was true greatness.

Well said

2 Likes

Delighted for all the Cark cunts on here & ye’re biggest waster never to win an All Ireland Hoggie bai . Congratulations to Clare for taking their chance. Ye have been the 2nd best team in Ireland for the last 5 years. Enjoy the celebrations :champagne:

2 Likes

While the initial reaction to Johnny Murphy’s performance has been positive I fear history may not be so kind to him.

Virtually every marginal decision went in Clare’s favour today. The 65 that wasn’t leading to a Clare point at the other end. The pull down/back by Davy Mc, which could be argued was a black card penalty, was most certainly a second yellow. The missed jersey pull at the end. The persistent (4 occasions) fouling by Aron Shanagher which went unpunished with a card. Aidan McCarthy also bought an incredibly cheap free in ET having blatantly overcarried the ball.

I don’t want to take away from a truly magnificent game and a deserved win for Clare but these questions will surface in the coming days.

Finally, I think it’s terrible that such a game went to ET rather than a replay. Players were emptied - TOM, Rob Downey, Rodgers, SOD and others were crippled by the end of it. That bullshitter Burns will no doubt defend it on the basis of starting the club season. It can start away in 30 counties - I doubt the two involved today would have any complaints about coming back to Croke Park in a fortnight.

Well done Clare and Cork - a credit to hurling.

15 Likes

A truly horrible post

12 Likes

I make it that Clare’s starting forwards scored 3-15 from play to Corks 0-11.

3 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

End to end an arsehole.

1 Like

A few players club seasons could be over thanks to that extra time as well. There was fellas out on the field that shouldn’t have been out there.

Let that be the definitive word on it

1 Like

michael-jordan-crying-michael-jordan

I don’t see DJ in that category, but that’s probably because he makes my skin creep a little.

DJC, whatever else he represents, is one of the ten most naturally gifted hurlers ever.

His granduncle Paddy Phelan was supposedly the best hurler seen between 1890 and 1940.