All Ireland Hurling Final 2024 - The Tony Kelly Final

I’m completely impartial on nearly everything as you know, but fcuk that.

He had a v poor wide before that in firat half of et
disappointing day for a fella who absolutely broke his hole to get back

Well done to Clare
better team on the day deserved the win
an epic contest

2 Likes

Just missing some match fitness. If he can stay injury free, he will be a massive player for us.

3 Likes

Horseshit

Will they criticise Pat Ryan tonight for not taking Hoggie off at any stage? He got it completely wrong in that sense.

Who would be in your other 10?

Cork got away with plenty too. On more than one occasion Clare were pulled for frees when their arms or hurls were being held. On balance, I felt the calls (or lack of) evened out. Maybe the ones in Clare’s favour were at more critical junctures, but I just felt they never let the heads drop. They kept on grinding it out. You have to hand it to them.

2 Likes

There surely has to be a Galwegian in there somewhere. If not Canning, then maybe Kevin Broderick or Joe Cooney. Sylvie Linnane was a fine stickman, but was more renowned for other elements of his game.

His free taking kept us in it. Who was going to take the frees if he went off. He also chipped in with a couple of points from play. Keeping hoggie on was not why we lost the match

3 Likes

Hoggie was an absolute passenger

You were uncannily accurate here

2 Likes

There was 3 blatant frees for Cork not given at vital times 
 I think Clare immediately scored from each to compound matters. But you get some, you concede some

The 65, that’s just one of those things but Cork need to look at themselves here as that should have been a Cork goal and they butchered it.

The one that’s really puzzling is the pull down
 He gave the free so what’s he giving the free for? A blatant pull down for a man in on goal? Am i right in saying he was already on a yellow? Johnny has to back up his decision with a black card and peno or a second yellow - that’s the one I’d be really annoyed with if i was a Carkie.

Overall, Johnny let it flow and had a good game.

1 Like

Well done to Clare. Fully deserved win and in fairness probably coming a while. Lohan deserves a statue in Shannon.

TK has done it in Croke park and with style. Arguably the best final goal ever scored. What a player

@Watch_The_Break @Big_Dan_Campbell @Raylan enjoy your night.

I absolutely hate ye none the less. Enviously looking on but we’ve gone no where. Till next year.

1 Like

The chatter here yesterday about Cork ‘will go on to dominate for a few years’ was a great laugh. Pure comedy gold.

They’re short at least 5 players with 3 of those needing to be defenders
 Harnedy won’t be replaced any time soon also.

What Cork did is expose the Limerick system and they did it brilliantly. But someone was always gonna do it and it was aided by mileage catching up with a few Limericks
 But outside of those Limerick games they were very average. Connolly has been stifled most days and can’t win ball , and with Horgan half a passenger as it is , that’s 2 of your FF line easily curtailed
 The shaved ape will have as many bad days as good days at 10 also - he was putrid today.

What Cork fans will reflect on over the coming months is that the team finally found some grit. If they can keep it and find another few pieces they shouldn’t be far off but right now, that team will be lucky to get out if Munster next year.

2 Likes

In fairness there was 2 today. Downey’s was equally magical

There have been some great goals this year.

Kelly & Downey today, Cody in the semi-final were all top class.

Nearly all of the frees he scored were handy. Missed a really bad one

I tried to warn you. Brian Lohan 3-0 Pat Ryan in championship now.

The most sickening defeat of my lifetime I think. Gutted for the players. A cruel way to lose, but that’s sport. A frantic game.

Hats off to a superb Clare team. Outstanding today. Even though I would have preferred a replay, it is hard to begrude Clare.

Our bench was the killer for our defeat IMO. Had very little impact in normal time, and really could have gone for the Clare throat in ET but fell short. I’d have brought Barrett back on in ET.

Tony kelly is probably my favourite hurler of all time. Unbelievable player. Different class.

On a more admittedly sour note, J Murphy had an okay game until the last quarter and into ET. A few crucial decisions went against Cork when the game was in the balance. As Kyle alluded to above, what did he give the free for if Mcinerney didn’t trip ROF? A clear foul with the intent of denying a goalscoring opportunity IMO.

Overall I am proud of the Cork effort this year. Not a successful one, but a fiercely enjoyable one nonetheless. They gave it their all. Rebels abĂș.

16 Likes

While I would agree with you to a point; weirdly, I think Cork aren’t loaded with inside forward subs. They brought Jack O’Connor inside because they wanted to play Kingston outside, it seemed. I like Power but I don’t think he’s played all year.