All Ireland Senior Final Reminiscences

He was swinging the hurley head high, he clearly meant to hit someone. It was also a lot more forceful than a tap

There’s a video above, name the three

2013, the very next year

The one handed swing on Rice was a yellow, as was the second one handed swing. Both showed complete contempt for the welfare of other players. Grabbing Power by the neck is a yellow. The slap across the head is a yellow. That’s 4 yellows so 2 reds.
If you are arguing that Maher should not have seen red for the slash on Reid you should give up commentating on hurling.

Yes

The one that you see every single player in the game do? :laughing:

That never happened, Shane McGrath should have got a yellow alright.

What slap across the head?

The intent was there but he didn’t really connect.

Overall, he could have got sent off for two yellows. One game in an otherwise exceptionally clean career doesn’t warrant him being called a tramp by a cunt from the county with some of the dirtiest cunts ever to pick up a hurley

That’s like saying Benny Dunne shouldn’t have seen red as he didn’t really connect. The rule is striking or attempting to strike.

“One game in an otherwise exceptionally clean career” :joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl:

“One game in an otherwise exceptionally clean career” :joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That got me too.

He did connect

What’s so funny?

Spoke to Paudie Maher myself about that day. Said he very much regretted it but that he didn’t go in with the intent to hurt Rice.

Maher would have been about 23 at that stage too.

As most of ye probably never played the game, ye probably never injured someone.

3 Likes

He was a young man, lost the head a bit and I barely remember him ever pulling a bad stroke in an intercounty game again

Yep. Definitely lost the head that day. And that was more to do with the place going to shit around him

So we are all in agreement he lost the head that day.
But (according to Tipperary logic), as he was only 23, and his team was losing, it’s understandable.
Is that also the defense for Benny Dunne trying to decapitate Tommy Walsh?

Who said that?

Given you laughed at the statement of Padraic Maher having an otherwise clean career, would you like to bring up one instance of a bad stroke that he pulled since that match?

1 Like

My favourite all ireland was 89

Not just because it was the first win in my lifetime but because it has Galway cunts still ranting about a final they weren’t in 30 years later

5 Likes

The neanderthal lad

Where did he say its understandable? Are you going to answer my other question or just ignore the bit you don’t have an answer for as usual?

I’ve never heard a Galway person rant about the 1989 final.
The injustice to Tony Keady, yes, and very justified.

We are discussing whether Maher deserved a red that day. You now seem to agree he does as you admit he deserved at least two yellows. What he did or didn’t do in other games is irrelevant to this discussion.

Fascinating to watch the Tipp cunts trying to stay relevant in August 2018.

1 Like

That’s not what we are discussing at all. You should really brush up on your reading skills. I admitted straight away that Maher could have been sent off that day, I took issue with him being called a tramp. You laughed at my statement that his career was otherwise clean so what he did or didn’t do in other games is very relevant. Now answer the question, admit you’re wrong or fuck off

You’re rattled now

1 Like

He’s not wrong, Maher was, is and always will be a filthy tramp. Case closed.