All Ireland Senior Final Reminiscences

What am I wrong about?

I didn’t call him a tramp. I said he should have been sent off (note the word should, rather than could), and many players have been sent off for far less, Pat Horgan for example. The slash on TJ Reid deserved a straight red, the fact he connected with his shoulder rather than his head is irrelevant.
He was out of control that day, you Tipp lads have admitted it.

I understand you are seething that Tipp are out of the championship since the 10th of June, while those that you see as minnows are still in, so I’ll leave it at that before you blow a gasket.

Based on what?

When was the last time Tipp were out of the championship on June 10th?

1995…Cusack Stand Lower…Hughes sticks up the hurley…ball falls to Taaffe…net shakes…81 yeara of hurt peeled away in a few moments…

5 Likes

You haven’t answered the question and keep trying to deflect as usual

You’re some fucking dope all the same. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1996 in the top corner of the upper Cusack at the Hill end. Limerick break rank from the parade down in front of me. Mental battle already won. Griffin bouncing like a lunatic beside the players. I still to this day have no idea why he was there.

2 Likes

Interfering with a helmet is a red card.

Not at the time. It is now alright

1 Like

Fair enough. It was only brought before 2014 was it so?

Think so. Think Podge might have been the first high profile sending off for it

I was on the HIll that day that was the point that I started to sense there was something different in this Wexford team, they weren’t going to be beaten that day no matter what.

It’s just a pity that they didn’t keep themselves grounded for a proper go in 1997.

My favourite memory of that that was John O’Connor turning to the Hill towards the end and getting us all wound up again. You sensed we had it at that point.

Injustice?

Did he not break the rules?

Do any of us remember the colour photos of the teams on the cover of the Sunday Indo in the good old days?

2 Likes

Do you have any notion of the number of inter county players of both codes who broke the same rule in the 1980s and 1990s, including a Tipperary player (by his own admission) who played in the Semifinal against Galway.

92 was great as it was the first I saw us win. Load of us up in Nowlans bus, cans all the way and in the boot of the bus about 30 council signs (slippery surface, slow loose chippings) in the colours. On the canal in the rain,the Fox kicked a goal, on the pitch after the whistle. Mighty.

1 Like
  1. Off the plane from the honeymoon. Wife gone home on the bus.Taggy catching the ball ahead of the Rock and sticking it past Dónal Og with his dodgy left side to sabotage their 3 in a row hopes. Hugging some ould lad from Tullaroan in the upper deck of the Canal End. Dónal O’Grady subsequently seething about the long grass. Bliss. The joy was never the same again
1 Like

Ah right…

So he broke the rules and got caught?

And you’re complaining about this?

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

yes for 87 all ireland final i do
also the cork examiner always did one on the saturday before the game

2 Likes