All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Kerry are a mental wreck when it comes to Dublin.

Ye would have had a great chance mate but ye won’t get the opportunity I’m afraid

We’ll beat Mayo too.

I think Kerry will have enough to win in Croke Park against Derry, Clare or Roscommon, somehow.

1 Like

I rather think they won’t be if they meet them in the All-Ireland semi-final.

1 Like

They don’t have a defence.

Do Dublin at this stage?

Well 4 of the back 7 are top notch in fairness. Midfield is weak relative to rest of team.

But I wouldn’t disagree generally. The riches up front more than compensates. But it’s just a purple patch for them. It will end. The likes of Ewan mckenna making out like the sport is fucked and the rest may fold in their tents because the sport is so skewed to favour them. Just bollox

Dublin have pace at least.

For all that Dublin were superior to Kerry last year, they still only won by three points.

My feeling is that Dublin are some way off last year, whereas Kerry will come with a tactical plan to enable them to exploit Dublin’s weaknesses to the fullest.

That’s if Donegal or Mayo don’t get there first, which they may well do.

Dublin are absolute sitting ducks in the quarter-final in my view.

1 Like

Yes but Kerry have been blessed to have only lost their previous meetings against Dublin by small scorelines relative to the utter dominance Dublin had.

The alternative view I would have is that Dublin won’t be so wasteful next time they play Kerry, in the previous meetings, it has been obvious how frightened Kerry are of Dublin’s pace and firepower.

Dublin’s pace and firepower appears to be built on a foundation of sand this year. Laois getting in for two goals should set alarm bells ringing.

I sense a complacency and an arrogance emanating from Dublin this year that may be hard to shake off. I also feel that Paul Flynn and Michael McAuley are in the early stages of an irrevocable decline, while Denis Bastick is really pushing on in years now.

Westmeath showed that Dublin can be contained, and Kerry won’t fade in the same way Westmeath did.

Kerry could also go to town on that back line.

Kerry will be too fearful of Dublin to go to town on their backline.

They went to town in 2013. Three goals in the first 20 minutes.

And they still have guys like O’Mahony and O’Se manning their defence three years later, that’s the problem.

I doubt O’Se would start against Dublin. Not sure about O’Mahony. I’d expect Crowley to start. Not sure what the story is with Fionn Fitzgerald.

Kerry lined up with this back six in their first match against Clare and I’d expect something similar in the semi-final:

2 Shane Enright, 3 Mark Griffin, 4 Killian Young – 5 Brian Ó Beaglaoich, 6 Peter Crowley, 7 Tadhg Morley

He’s on a course of HGH in case he comes up against Andrews again.

That’s a fairly shit looking defence all the same.

3 Likes

Two relatively unknown quantities there. Same as Dublin if it’s the same back six as against Westmeath.

One could argue that Kerry’s front eight is as good if not better than Dublin’s, certainly little enough to choose between them.

Unknowns maybe but the guys who are unknown for Dublin are unknown because Dublin are missing a footballer of the year and multiple all stars. It’s not unreasonable to expect they might be well equipped for this level.

On the other hand, Kerry have spent the last couple of years getting old men to plug the gaps, Griffin is no spring chicken and has been round the block for a while without really being trusted by his manager, Morley and Begley are complete novices.

I don’t expect Kerry to really trouble a Dublin team there for taking, I think they are afraid of their lives of Dublin’s firepower and that will tell. I expect Dublin to come through Donegal or Cork with relative ease but may struggle with Mayo.

Mayo and Tyrone are the only teams who will trouble Dublin for me. Kerry have too much trouble compensating for their lack of defence, you can run a bus through the middle of their defence. With the exception of Crowley, I don’t rate any of their defenders.