All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Whether he develops or not is one thing but he looks well off the pace now. Actually I can distinctly remember Il Bomber Destro picking Diarmuid O’Connor out for special praise during last year’s league campaign.

It’s a joke based on your keypad appearing in the image you condescending dipstick.

3 Likes

I didn’t laugh. It wasn’t obvious. This it wasn’t funny either.

Please refer to the condescending dipstick remark again.

Yea that passed me by too.

1 Like

that’s 2 dreadful quips in 2 days from you

2 Likes

I enjoyed the quip, @croppy_boy.

3 Likes

I thought it was middling myself - but not awful.

1 Like

Thanks I was aiming for middling.

I appreciate that.

What you have omitted to point out is that in the quarter finals for the last three years in the five quarter finals that Ulster opposition faced non-Ulster opposition, the Ulster side lost heavily on all five occasions.

In 2015 - Mayo beat Donegal by 8 points and Dublin beat Fermanagh by 8 points
In 2014 - Dublin beat Monaghan by 17 points
In 2013 - Mayo beat Donegal by 16 points and Kerry beat Cavan by 6 points

The only wins recorded at the quarter final stage by Ulster sides in the three years you referred to were in all Ulster clashes - Tyrone beating Monaghan in 2013 & 15 and Donegal beating Armagh in 2014.

You’re also incorrect in your assertion that Ulster dominate the qualifiers year on year. Its only 6 of the 15 years since their inception in 2001 that Ulster has provided the most qualifiers - 2003, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2014 & 2015. As illustrated in the three most recent years 2013, 2014 & 2015, the performance of the Ulster sides in the quarter finals was woeful. Similarly in 2007, the three Ulster representatives all lost at the quarter final stage - Monaghan to Kerry, Derry to Dublin and Tyrone to Meath.

Leinster has provided the most qualifier winners/quarter finalists on 6 occasions - 2001, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 & 2012, the same number of times as Ulster. The five counties of Connacht provided the most qualifier winners/quarter final representatives in 2002 and the six counties of Munster were best represented in 2011.

3 Likes

Zzzzzzzzzzz

3 Likes

Two things struck me about the clip.

1. O Rourke acting as co commentator even though he was still playing.

2. Kerry only had 8 points with over 60 mins gone and no blanket defences.

Kerry were a very poor side. Very poor.

It was worth a watch for Breen’s head strapping alone.

I love the gloves in shorts look

A few of the minors on Sunday had that look going on. Just needed the mikasa’s to perfect it.

You’d struggle to find a glove with less grip than the mikasa’s, what were they about at all?

God himself only knows. You can still buy them though

http://www.thegaastore.com/en/Mikasa-Gloves---Adult/m-1129.aspx

They were grand when they were brand new, options were limited as proper goalkeeper gloves aren’t really suitable for Football and they were bloody expensive, I know the original cooper helmets were for Ice Hockey, what were the mikasa for?

Building?

1 Like