All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Moving on.

The championship has improved in recent weeks. Some surprises and a couple of excellent games.
Feel sorry for Derry, they seemed to have put together a good side and a bit of unity, hopefull Barton stays with them. Possibly 4/5 years too late when they had more top class players.

A not so straight forward finish either as championship seems more open than even a few weeks ago.

Think we may well see in next 2 months how much '14 had to do with Fitzmaurice or did Cian O’Neill have more to do with it than credited for.

Would live to see again if the Dubs can come from behind or close out a real sqeeky bum time win against a big team.

Cian O’Neill is a short shorts wearing spoofer.

2 Likes

Give me a few reason why there. I’m open to debate on the matter.

I think appearence does CON no favours in the way people view him, sad but true. People look at a fat accountant and they don’t bat an eyelid or a fat musician. But a unfit looking Coach (and there has been some research on this) and peoples views are tilted.

1 Like

I’ve had a good laugh observing his demeanour and attention seeking on Croke Park match days. Seems like a complete arsehole to me. His treble sweeper system against the might of Wexford in the Leinster quarter final was quite amusing too.

2 Likes

So appearence and not actual coaching ability is you reason to call him a bluffer?

1 Like

There might be 5 clubs that take it seriously and can actually develop players in the county, two of them are dual.

Demeanour, behaviour, short shorts, fat belly and shit tactics/style/championship results for Kildare. Is he a football coach or a fitness coach?

2 Likes

Both obviously.

That can happen you know.

That’s handy for him. When his teams get blown away late on, he can point to being football coach more so than fitness coach. When his teams play shit football then he’s focusing on getting their fitness right but it won’t happen overnight. I’ll miss seeing him sprinting around the perimeter of the pitch to pass on ultra important messages in Croke Park as the season concludes. Look at me! Look at me! An absolute spoofer.

1 Like

You’re not making any sense or decent points.

I agree with everything you say on O’Neill.

1 Like

I haven’t seen anyone make any decent / sensible points to dispel my view that he’s a spoofer.

1 Like

I don’t know enough about Kildare football to know if he’s a decent manager but I would think he probably has something about him as a coach/fitness trainer given the teams he’s been involved with in that capacity

Made Kerry the fittest and strongest they ever were, put the games together that developed their style.

Set the base for Mayos now high standards of fitness.

Won All-Ireland with Tipp and was aclaimed by all as a driving force.

Has done a major overhaul on Kildares approach and mentality. And this is only 7 months into his first ever full management job. How good do you think you would be into 7 months of an IC management job?

Worked with Ed. Coughlan, Donie Buckley, Fitzmaurice, Horan, Sheedy, Mikey Sheehy, Eamon O’Se. Do you not think he picked up a few things?

Kerry’s main problem last year was the lack of pace they had in the middle of the field. Not sure how that reflects well on O’Neill.

What years was he involved with Kerry Kev?

With tipp it was the year they won the All Ireland.

The ‘won all-ireland with tipp’ kinda implied that alright

2 Likes

Paul Galvin doesn’t agree with you on O’Neill. Conjecture, not fact, about Kerry being fitter and stronger than ever under him. Dublin blew them away late on in 2013.

Mayo bottled chances to win ultimate honours under him or ran out of steam. Either way, it reflects poorly on him.

Tipperary’s win was down to Sheedy and the chap who succeeded him as manager (Eamon what’s his face?) and Kilkenny playing lads with cruciate knee ligament injuries.

Kildare were rubbish this year against Wexford and Westmeath and went out with a whimper in the qualifiers. They’ve had a load of good minor and U21 teams in recent years and he should have made them much more competitive. They also lost to Clare in Croke Park.

He’s a spoofer.

2 Likes