All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Players in both games yesterday doing the imaginary card waving and appealing to the referee to send off opponents.

The GPA should be stamping this out.

1 Like

Mother of Christ. If I was Stephen Rochford I’d bitch slap half of them and drop the other half for the semi final.

I though McCarron was everywhere for Tyrone yest brilliant. Never saw him in flesh before (ooh er) I don’t think. Keegan v Connolly will be box office. Some shite talk out of Galvin in Times today.

Calling @Nembo_Kid

Now that there is no Ulster involvement left in the race for Sam, I’d love to hear your objective view on the final 4.

Are the Dubs just too good for the rest ??

Fitzmaurice has known about Kerry vs Dublin on 28th August since the draw last October. Will Kerry have a surprise in store for Dublin and the rest of the country ?

Can Mayo finally bring home Sam after so many near misses ?

Or will Tipperary caus…actually forget them

1 Like

I expect Dublin to win.

Mayo looked as solid defensively as I’ve seen the last day but they were very much let off the hook by Tyrone, the same old Mayo played out the last 10 mins as they’ve always done, they gave Tyrone 4 chances to get the draw and some of the play was criminal, the chance McCurry was given with a slack pass across their own goal was unbelievable. I do think they are the only side left capable of taking Dublin though.

I fully expect Kerry to shit themselves against Dublin and expect a comfortable Dublin victory.

McCarron was excellent along with Sludden, Harte and Donnelly. Sadly that seems to have been all that turned up for Tyrone.

Have you had a rethink about Cillian O’Connor? I think he’s a brilliant forward and has been for 5 years now, seemed to suffer a bit of a confidence crisis for a while but has been outstanding the last two days, his all round and link up play on Saturday was great to see.
You’re quick enough with an I told you so when it suits.

No. He’s average. His lack of scoring return from play in games is poor for an inside forward playing for one of the best sides in the country.

I cant see Dublin beat either but most unlikely Kerry will “shit themselves”. Very little history of that happening over the years.

every man has his blind spots.

1 Like

Kerry are scared shitless of Dublin, their last two performances against them in the league and All Ireland final showed how petrified they are of Dublin. The scoreline completely flattered them in both games as Dublin are extremely wasteful. I think this game might be over by half time as a contest.

may well be, but that wouldnt be Kerry shitting themselves. They are just a far worse side than them at the moment. If Kerry were beaten 8-10 points I dont think you could say that was anything other than a reflection on the quality gap between them.

:smile:

2 Likes

They play with fear against Dublin.

so you keep saying. I just think they are not as good as them. If they dont play a somewhat cautious game they have no chance at all. Not going to beat the Dubs in a free flowing shootout.

Kerry are definitely over obsessed with Dublin.

Dublin are better as well, but i think with a certain aplroach Kerry could catch them. I do not expect that to happen at all.

Rumour going around that Brian Fenton has a broken jaw after the game of Saturday. If he is out of the Kerry game it would be a massive blow for us. Our midfield would be Bastick and MDMA, if that is the case I cant see us beating Kerry.

Not dissimilar to Kerry with previous teams who got the upper hand on them. Tyrone in the 00’s, Down in the 60’s. Both those occasions Kerry regularly handled everyone else, so they focused on the one who was beating them. its not that uncommon really. The difference here is that Kerry used to regularly beat Dublin, so this is starting to hurt them, and the obsession grows accordingly. Throw in that Fitzmaurice changed everything, based on the “it’ll be ok, we’ll win All Irelands” means that its not ok if they don’t win All Ireland’s.

Dublin have the upper hand on Kerry at the moment, its as simple as that. Kerry’s backs are old, and the replacements aren’t the same quality. Their forwards are a match for any. Their midfield however now also has question marks. The obsession with Donaghy there is bizarre, Maher is far from fit, Sheehan, while never a natural midfielder in the modern game, looks burnt out from his winter exertions and always was slow back from injury, and Moran hasn’t played well in 3 consecutive games in his career. They have a lot of options there, but none look awfully good at present.

Dublin are the better side. They have weaknesses, the question is, can this Kerry team, and more specifically, can this Kerry management exploit them? The jury is way way out.

1 Like

Good. He deserved every bit of it.

And when KY were fixated with Tyrone it was because (IMO) they were in an equal enough game. No result in those games would have been a huge surprise really. Now it would be a major shock if KY beat Dublin. As you said, Dublin just have the upper hand at the moment. It is hurting them in KY no doubt about it but I dont think v much they can do about it, might win if they overperformed and Dublin had an off day. But that is what would be required. Dublin play to 80% is probably enough.