All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

I have two stand tickets which I collected today. I just need one more ticket and I will deliver. Yon Yo Hee Hee will never forgive me though. Will make Glasgow a tense affair.

Surely “I’m a stats man” sorts yon yo out

He use to. Yon Yo did the stats a few times for Pillar when Stats man wasn’t around.

Any luck from your friend in the media??? Jaysus Glasgow will be tense.

@thedancingbaby Did you ring your old Porto neighbour Shane?

How about your other friend who works in Newstalk?

You’ve more contacts than an optician!

1. David Clarke (Ballina Stephenites)

2. Brendan Harrison (Aghamore)

3. Donal Vaughan (Ballinrobe)

4. Keith Higgins (Ballyhaunis)

5. Lee Keegan (Westport)

6. Colm Boyle (Davitts)

7. Patrick Durcan (Castlebar Mitchels)

8. Seamus O’Shea (Breaffy)

9. Tom Parsons (Charlestown)

10. Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore)

11. Aidan O’Shea (Breaffy)

12. Diarmuid O’Connor (Ballintubber)

13. Jason Doherty (Burrishoole)

14. Andy Moran (Ballaghaderreen)

15. Cillian O’Connor (Ballintubber, captain).

The legend addressing the final Mayo training session…

“Attack is the best form of defence - shoot on sight and fuck the begrudgers”.

6 Likes

:ronnyroar::clap::ronnyroar::clap::ronnyroar::clap:

1 Like

Make sure ye dont get raped

Haven’t looked forward or been as genuinely excited about a final in a long time. Reading papers this morning has really got me up for it.

Would even consider a last minute trip up if i had a sniff of a ticket.

2 Likes

Predictable line up and i doubt it will change this time.

A few Dubs a bit worried about the casual attitude and a few sharp analysts going for Mayo (or giving them a real fighting chance).

Mentally it is set up for Mayo.

Stop talking it up. There has been little hype bar a few egotistical senators whinging about tickets. Dublin will win easy enough.

1 Like

I don’t think Dublin will be casual or lacking in attitude. I think they will win. Mayo are the one side who have consistently put it up to Dublin the mist in the past 5 or 6 years so I’d expect them to be able to give them a rattle. They need to get up to the level of previous years which they haven’t this year and if they do that they can get themselves into a winning position. But seeing a winning position out in a big game is the weakness with this Mayo team if the 5/6 years previous. Even in the one big test this year, they got themselves into that winning position against Tyrone and handed the 14 man opposition chance after chance to take it from them in the closing minutes.

I expect Mayo will really put it up to Dublin but Dublin’s stronger resolve and confidence in being to get out of ruts and see things through will win them this.

Hopefully it’s a good game with loads of needle and controversy and the cunt referee doesn’t ruin it as a contest.

My greatest worry. That langer reffing it.

1 Like

I’d have a lot of concerns about Conor Lane tomorrow. RTE re-ran that documentary about All-Ireland final day during the week and the one constant was yer man constantly bleating in David Coldrick’s ear throughout the game.

He always struck me as a bit of an attention-seeker and seems to be determined to be decisive rather than correct. Referees need a bit of subtlety and cuteness. For example, David Gough took in all he needed to before allowing Geaney’s goal in the semi-final. If that was Lane, he’d want to be seen to have made an instant decision. regardless of whether it’s correct or not.

I hope he’s anonymous, but I fear he won’t be. Two decent teams and has the potential for a good game. I’d like to see Mayo win it but I don’t think they will.

1 Like

You are seeing what club mates and school mates have said about him for years.

I actually remember hearing he was ref for a club game a few years ago and one of the players said “ah ffs, he’s not up to this standard of football”. That was Intermediate Club :joy:
Now the cunt has the biggest job of the lot. Great insight into how GAA works. Talent means f-all for alot of these jobs.

Cop on you cunt.

I only live 10 minutes away so i’ll wander down towards Croke Park at about 2.45 after watching the minor game and see if there’s a spare one floating around. What I’ve found in previous years when I’m ticketless is your best chance of getting a ticket is literally at the last minute. Not an option if you’re in Cork though, I suppose!

1 Like