All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

If I’m a point down with 8 to go and I feel a hand when I’m in the square, I’m hitting the ground. As I said, only an idiot wouldn’t

O’Shea gave the ref a decision to make. He gave a penalty.

If you don’t agree with the decision, blame the ref - not Aidan

Said it was a dive and the referee bought it hook, line and sinker.

Said it was the defining moment in the game.

Did he question O’Shea’s character at all?

Look it, Mayo probably had enough in hand to reel the Erne men back in but resorting to that type of deplorable carryon is beyond sickening.

If the Gaa don’t take action then this opens Pandora 's box & sets a disgusting example to young players throughout the Country.

They can’t make rules up and apply them retrospectively.

They have had another high profile incidents in this regard now to have dealt with the issue but have still done nothing.

One for the next Congress but it can really only apply to IC games where cameras record these disgusting acts of cheating.

While it was no doubt an awful miss by the referee, I’d imagine Jarlath Burns really went for O Shea after the game, right?

1 Like

To be fair Burns called it a dive and took Dolan to task on trying to excuse O’Shea.

Sounds weak. Very weak.

Longford off to a great start v Monaghan with 1-01 scored in the opening three minutes.

Meath management were ordered to take Donal Keogan off due to suspected concussion. He was pissed off and said he was grand. He’s been super for Meath all year and was having another good game.

They’re saying the wind had a definite factor in the game, probably a bit like the Fermanagh v Mayo game without the dive of course…O’Shea is a disgrace.

Monaghan are in big bother here, guys.

5 points down, they’re not good chasing games.

That socks up gimp Mickey Quinn seems to be on fire according to the Northern Sound commentators.

1 Like

Is there a strong breeze aiding any side?

Monaghan 2 up.

We’ve turned it around very quickly.

Level in Clones after 43 minutes.

1-10 apiece in Clones, Longford giving as good as they’re getting.

Goal for offally. 3 points in it with 15 to go.

Longford lead by a point, 53 minutes.

2 points.

This would be a massive shock. What odds were Longford?