All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

What happened tonight @Joe_Player?

Another hammering at the hands of Waterford.

Clare always feared Waterford.

1 Like

Bad bad what can i say

Bad?

Losing the Munster Final on Sunday can only enhance Waterford prospects of September glory. Its quite a statistic that in the 14 seasons since the full scale backdoor system was introduced in 2002, Cork in 2005 are the only Munster Champions to go on and win the All Ireland. In nine of those fourteen campaigns, the Munster Champions have lost in the semi final. It might be an era of almost complete Kilkenny dominance, but Kilkenny have only accounted for two of the nine semi final defeats of the Munster champions.

2 Likes

Cheers for the stats

A galway win and waterford next week

Bump

5 Likes

3 Likes

The one fatal flaw in your bigging up Waterford’s prospects is that during the same timeframe you mention, Cork 2004 are the only Munster Championship runner-up to have gone on and won the All Ireland, in eleven of those fourteen seasons the Munster Final loser has failed to get to the final, so statistically Waterford are less likely to be still around in September than if they had won the Munster Final.

You ever hear of the concept ‘tongue in cheek’? I reckon Wexford could spring another shock on Waterford on Sunday.

Its nailed down to be a Kilkenny v Tipperary final and I fancy Tipperary to buck the historical trend of the last 14 years.

Referees have clamped down on defenders illegally using their heads to knock the hurl out of an attacker’s hand. It really has had a positive impact on the game.

4 Likes

1 Like

fr trendy

1 Like

It might be an era of almost complete Kilkenny dominance, but Kilkenny have only accounted for two of the nine semi final defeats of the Munster champions.
[/quote]

What are you trying to say there? The only reason for that is that Kilkenny did not reach the Leinster final in 2004, we’re beaten Leinster finalists in 2012. They didn’t get a chance in 2013 as Cork beat them. So the chances of them coming up against the Munster Champions before the final was zero

The reflux is rising in my throat, but Tipperary will not be beaten in this year’s championship.

I agree. The only question now is who would you prefer to see them beat to soothe the pain somewhat?

That’d be Clare, obviously. Preferably by a disputed score in the 4th minute of injury-time.

1 Like

Ooh that’s cold man. Davy would need two more stints put in straight after the final whistle

I know where I’d put 'em too!

1 Like