All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

Has Paul Morris touched the ball since he got the goal? Forgot he was on the pitch until the replay there

David Dunne. :clap:

James Breen is a great bit of stuff.

Anthony has a wonderfully soothing timbre to his voice

Offaoisaly.

Does Lee Chin shave his legs?

“Conor McDonald has got a tent.”

Unreal, unbelievable point by McDonald.

Wexford are on the march.

1-17 to 0-11. '61.

1 Like

I thought I’d accidentally put my TV picture on reverse as Wexford substitute Andrew Kenny ran on there.

Nice point again from McDonald. Shooting practice.

Can never figure out McDonald’s preferred side to strike off. He hits frees off the right, sidelines off the left and hits points and goals off either side from play. Great talent in fairness.

I’ve always found it’s easier for a right handed player to cut a sideline off your left. The right is the more “operative” hand on a left-sided cut whereas the left hand is for a right-sided cut.

1 Like

Well, that was terrible.

He plays with his left hand on top, so goes against that theory

Quirks of each each player’s style. Lar Corbett is left handed but always preferred striking off his right.

“Not really a consolation goal” says Ger. What the fuck else would you call it?

Westmeath have the Limerick defence in all kinds of trouble. Should have a couple of goals already.

What pathetic defending to allow a chap walk in past three players from the corner flag to score that consolation. There’s some tail in our team. We’ve four or five fairly good players, the same in average players and then the same below the required standard.

But that’s what I’m saying, I can’t figure his preferred side and seems equally as good on either side.

I haven’t seen enough enough of him to say. Does he change grips, ie. alternate between having right hand on top/left hand on top or is it always left on top?

Always left on top. So he hits sidelines in an orthodox manner but hits frees like Joe Deane did.

Wmeath going for goals when they should be taking points.