All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

Killkenny, Tipp, Waterford & Dublin in Hurling.

Donegal, kerry, Dublin, Mayo at a stretch in football. Teams with a chance of winning AND being well looked after. Not many other teams in that position.

You have no idea what you are even discussing do ya?

Guaranteed to be the first position to be targeted even though the midfielders haven’t hit a ball all game.

Aside from just on a run of good form, the movement was a big thing, the short-passing had been done to an extent before but the Clare lads could cover every blade of glass as well. There was all the talk at the time of how Clare had revolutionised the game but it was more that team coming good at the right time as hurling was evolving, notions of “central diamonds” that could run all day would be alien concepts to the kind of mentality that had Brian Geary at 11 for Limerick even only the previous year in an attempt to break a few auld balls. There is also of course the fact that 2013 just happened to come at a lull for Kilkenny, and with Tipp also out the thing was wide open anyways.

Traditional positions are going more and more out the window and that kinda nullifies that particular advantage. Key players like Podge/McGrath have been lost/injured in the mean-time and there also happens to be a lunatic running the show. (A sound lunatic though, going by the Limerick thread). I dunno how it’s going down north of the Shannon, but Cusack joining the circus wouldn’t inspire confidence for me.

How many hours went into this analysis ffs

Many many hours, I believe.

1 Like

Gaelic football.

Why do you not include cork or Clare? They contested a final not so long ago you absolute bluffer. So lads are wasting their time with them. Is that what your saying. Ahead of Dublin. Ffs

Talk is that Cathal Mcinerney has decided to return to the clare hurling panel for 2016

For the last 2 years ya. Cork have been treated disgracefully by the CB and with poor care for their well being by management. Clare not much different. Playing on an uneven playing field with other contenders.

Don’t have much sympathy for Cork who have alot of shapers, but bar the odd cunt like the keeper or Bugler the Clare group come across well.

1 Like

Dublin and Wateford in hurling is a stretch. Cork will win a hurling AI before Dublin. Clare will too.

Most lads who play enjoy it, the lifestyle, the little bit of adulation. Bit of a sacrifice but if you grow up Playing it is a continuation. Lots of lads that age are in the gym/cycling/running five nights a week anyway without playing any competitive sport.

Gets harder once lads start to settle down, relationships, babies, work. At that stage if not 1-20 and getting regular game time madness to keep hammering at it and a lot pack will jack it.

Even talking to Cuala lads tonight they reckon keeping a club team together is a challenge nowadays.

4 Likes

Kev is talking out of his hole again don’t mind him

More in the combination of being well looked after AND being a contender. Having a purpose really.

Bery few have both. You are right, could should/cpuld win first, but alot would have to change.

I believe one kerry footballer played 4 games last year. Thats a farce.

Here you clown cork are always contenders if due to nothing else but tradition. You have drank the s & s kool aid you clown…

Tipperary name 40 man panel.

Dylan Fitzell :sweat_smile:

Ridiculous alright. You’d be rightly pissed off if you were Stephen Cahill or Aiden McCormack

He is supposed by on the Senior Football panel too I heard.

I thought there was no dual players?

GAA to introduce blood testing from January 1st 2016