All New TFK v 8.0

We have some changes to TFK which are just going live imminently.

As always, any constructive or unhelpful feedback is more than welcome.

The changes are to add functionality in some cases (Chat) and to maintain software updates (other boring stuff) and to make the look and feel more consistent and easier to maintain (sidebar, new themes).

What has Changed

Sidebar

Most users have seen this already since last night. The old hamburger menu now opens a sidebar on the left hand side of the page with the menu options, some filtering based on categories and links to common functions.

You can collapse/expand sections and edit which categories you want shortcuts to there. Nobody really uses categories that often (apart from me) but I think they’re a useful way of filtering out some content you’re not interested in.

Notifications

The notifications (accessed via your avatar) are grouped differently. For some/many/all users there might be issues with old notifications appearing. Where this is the case, go into the notifications and hit Dismiss All… to move on to a new state.

Chat

TFK Chat is here. This allows you to have personal 1-2-1 chats with other users (instead of or as well as PMs). And also to participate in chat groups.

We’ll see how chat goes. It might be useful in having quick fire conversations and for live events. Or it might just be a distraction. But it’s there for now.

Access it via the bubble icon in the top right hand side of the page (beside your avatar) or via the sidebar menu.

New Theme

The theme has been updated to something mroe easily maintainable. I may reintroduce some of the tweaks that were present in the older theme to make it more TFKish. But for now, this theme works better with the new features and will be far easier to update and tweak.

The theme comes in both Light and Dark flavours. You can select which one you want in user preferences. I strongly recommend choosing the option in your Preferences under Interface to Enable automatic dark mode colour scheme.

This will allow a toggle to appear at the top of your page where you can switch easily between the light mode and the dark mode. See example below:

TFK

16 Likes

Nice job

1 Like

A few fannies will be along soon to complain about the ignore function.

1 Like

Who said that?

Apologies - minor hiccup there

Very slick. I like the turquoise on the black background

3 Likes

The black is very crisp :ok_hand:

1 Like

Is the gifs option moved? I cant find it and @iron_mike is devastated.

Using black skin on android chrome

It was gone. Good spot. Back now.

St Patricks Day Lol GIF by Boomerang Official

1 Like

Has this change aligned us with our SDG goals @Rocko ?

Will Ferrell Christmas GIF

Can @Bandage and @Rocko read the chat content?

I can’t find preferences on this

Where the fuck is preference
Not located

Well done @Rocko. A somewhat thankless job keeping the show on the road but much appreciated. Hail hail :raised_hands:

1 Like

im-not-good-with-change-i-dont-deal-well-with-change

1 Like

Is there a way of going back to the home page other than clicking on the TFK logo?

Press the back button

1 Like

Are you missing a button that you used to have?

1 Like

I sure hope so.

1 Like