Alliance Football League 2019

That was an absolutely putrid game of football. Dublin in Croke Park are just horrible.

5 Likes

Comfortable 7 point win for Tyrone in the end.

Monaghan were very, very bad. Outside of McManus they had nothing.

My goodness, he’s brutal. He’s the Liam chap from Limerick who all the Limerick posters here eulogize.

That’s a good score from a Tyrone point of view.

That’s a bad miss from a Monaghan point of view.

That’s a third wide from a Tyrone point of view.

That’s a second sub from a Monaghan point of view.

Point of fucking view.

Audacious attempt by Peter Harte near the end.

Monaghan in real relegation trouble now with a home game against Cavan sandwiched between trips to Kerry and Mayo. They might need two wins to stay up.

3 Likes

It’s very very brave of you to antagonise tne Limerick massive, that’s twice today now

https://twitter.com/officialcorkgaa/status/1099407177280819202?s=21

:see_no_evil:

1 Like

Is that the lad that was involved in a scandalous love triangle there a few years ago? A TFK exclusive at the time.

Yes. Yes it is.

1 Like

I think 6 points is what is needed to stay up. The Cavan and Roscommon game will have a big bearing on things tomorrow. Cavan are good as gone, if Roscommon can get a result tomorrow then they are in a strong position.

Monaghan need a result against Kerry next time around.

Keegan was blacked carded rightly for a body check which is what a black card is for. Cooper pulled a fella back not down and was rightly yellow carded. Re-read the reasons for a black card before wrongly giving out about a ref.

Brian Reape is dogshite and can understand why Rochford didnt fancy him even after all the media bigging up after scoring a goal against Roscommon after 15 steps

1 Like

What’s the feeling down there? I’d say there’s talk of little else

I was referring to the error in the image they tweeted.

meath and armagh was an exceptional game of football that i attended two weeks ago
huge crowd, great venue and two teams at it 15 on 15
stefan campbell gave an exhibition
meath are going very well - as are armagh btw
div2 is a cracking tournament - most competitive league in irish sport imho
armagh /tipp tomorrrow wll be a great game - id nearly spin up

Dublin v Mayo was very disappointing.

Gaelic football needs a strong Meath.

Dublin have played Meath a grand total of twice in the league since 1991 - and just the once since 1994.

3 Likes

Is that really true ? I don’t doubt you sid but I can’t believe it .

Christ mayo were utter dogshit there . What coaching do their forwards get ?

Yes. Before the infamous Division 2 game with the fight in Parnell Park in April 2008, which was the last time Dublin played Meath in the league, you have to go back to October 1994 when Meath had a comfortable win at Croke Park clinched by a late Jimmy McGuinness goal, for the previous meeting.

There have been various league systems over the years. In addition to the current Divisions 1-4 format, there have been formats with two or three “Division 1” groupings, and in a couple of seasons (1992/93 and 1998/99) there were even four equal groups.

When Meath were in Division 1, Dublin tended to be in Division 2 and vice versa, while in the years with the odd formats, they’d always be in different groups.

Dublin haven’t played in Navan in the league since December 1988.

2 Likes

All setting up very nicely in Div 2.

Fermanagh with an upset against Donegal today and that leaves them on top with Meath on 6 with Kildare one behind on 5 and Donegal and Armagh on 4. Donegal and Armagh next week could decide a lot.

Div 1 relegation battle thrown wide open. Roscommon getting a bit of beating from Cavan.

Kerry are as good as in the final now so Roscommon do have the advantage of a Kerry side who will have nothing to play for and a league final to mind themselves for in the final game. I think Monaghan and Cavan are the most likely to go down. Monaghan go to Kerry next weekend and it’s a must win.

Monaghan badly let themselves down against Roscommon in week 2. After beating Dublin in week 1 you shouldn’t be finding yourself in a relegation battle.

The steps :smile:

https://twitter.com/officialgaa/status/1099740415706759168?s=21

Some dancer

1 Like

A bumper crowd of 86 present to watch Waterford defeat Antrim in a tense affair today at WIT.

4 Likes