Alliance Football League 2019

Meath’s defence is very solid. Donegal seem like they are carrying a lot of lads at the minute, they are down a few big players at the minute so I wouldn’t read too much into but I think it might be another year or two before they can make a serious impact on the latter stages.

O’Baoill looks like he will be a big player for them this season.

Brennan seems to be playing very deep for Donegal.

Looked a square ball to be fair.

Jeff Hendrick-esque positioning from Newman

Donegal are real contenders this year, easily the best side in Ulster.

Donegal have lowered the blade a bit and meath are soft

Lovely goal by Brennan.

Eamon Doherty has some gut on him.

Donegal have really upped it in the second half and Meath haven’t been able to come up with the answers.

Why kick a point there

Because getting 2 points in 90 seconds after pushing up is far more likely than working a goal from a close in free

Meath went down fairly meekly in the end there.

They must have put strong fluoride in the Meath water supply in the 00s . They have turned awful soft .

When they barely had it the previous ten minutes?? And after they kick it there was what 1 min 45 seconds and meath touched it once, a kick out.

The logic is sound, Meath’s execution was awful

Donegal did what they needed to do in Div 2 and were able to do it without some important players like MacNiallais and McBrearty but they have a lot of work to do before their likely clash with Tyrone in Ulster.

In hurling it is, but the ease donegal controlled the game, plus meath down to 14 men, it wasn’t there

Donegal are a division 1 team . Meath are not yet .

I wouldn’t pay too much heed to League finals, particularly in the lower 3 divisions as promotion is what matters. Donegal struggled through the league for the most part, albeit down quite a number of players. They will need to up their game for Ulster.

Just back
We were there with a bus of 40 kids
Exhausted now. Great game though. .
NFL div 2 was some contest since January. It’s almost a pity it’s over …competitive football returns with the Saturday night qualifiers now really. .it would be fantastic of there was a proper champions league thing or something starting first of may to run thru the summer. .
How the fk can’t something proper be organised. .we even have the perfect number of teams

2 Likes