Allianz Hurling League 2017 Division 1A Thread

Dillon did well there. Too many modern full-backs leave the ball carrier a free run at goal rather than risk leaving their own man open.

The rumors of the league format changing to 8 teams in the top tier is picking up alot in the last few weeks,Galway and Limerick drubbing Laois and Kerry will only add to it.The league format in 1A is very competitive but 1B is for the most part a 2-3 horse race every year with the rest getting battered.Wouldn’t surprise me if the money men made the announcement the week of the Lmk-Galway game to make it a promotion match which would bring in a large crowd.

1 Like

Clare have been terrible although I’d still expect them to win handy enough with the wind in the second half. Some of the Dublin lads look like they can’t hurl at all

Eh I though someone clarified there is a relegation play off !!

Our forwards are making appalling use of the ball they’ve been given. Constantly trying to charge through defenders at the goal, instead of stepping back to strike or looking for an offload to someone on the move.

Another hangover from the previous regime maybe. Lads too used to being the only forward inside the opposition '45 and having to do it all alone. Just like with the sweeper at the other end, bad habits need to be unlearned.

Could have sworn that they scrapped it after last years farce of Galway going down and Cork staying up.Obviously the GAA put the money of an extra match before common sense!

David Fitz is a beast. Has huge potential.

A lot of the Clare forwards seem afraid to take a score

You’re worse than Fine Gael when they went into government. Davey is gone, you can’t be blaming him anymore.

4 Likes

O’Donnell for Dublin reminds me of Richie McCarthy

No need for that mate, O’Donnell is a smashing young hurler.

Big miss.

Clare forwards continuously turn down easy scores in favour of trying a risky pass. The backs are the ones scoring

Score?

Dublin lead 1-14 to 16.

1 Like

Fucking hell Bugler!

Clare doing their best limerick impression with the long wasteful balls into the forwards.

Clare need to calm down with the booming long range efforts and work the ball into the forwards,scores and frees await them there.

Cheers, keep the updates coming. The 42 very slow.

Level now about 10 to go.

1 Like