Allianz Hurling League 2017 Division 1A Thread

Cork v Clare
Dublin v Tipperary
Kilkenny v Waterford

This years quarter and semi finals will be decided on the day. If the teams are level after 70 minutes, there will be 20 minutes extra time. If they are still level, then there will be 10 more minutes extra time. If they still can’t be separated there will be a free taking competition

2 Likes

What are the rules of same?

When I last read up on the topic the format of the free taking competition had yet to be decided.

The hurling league format is fantastic…fancy Cork, Tipp and Waterford this weekend in 1A.

Cork and Dublin would look to be the two weakest teams here, but I’d fancy Cork to take Clare first day out. Dublin are usually difficult to beat in Parnell.

A cliche, but the conditions this time of year do tend to suit Dublin…afaik that game is on in Croke Pk on Saturday evening rather then Parnell Pk.

Dublin V Tipp final. Stick hurling is in serious decline in those other counties.

:whale2::whale2::whale2::fishing_pole_and_fish::fishing_pole_and_fish::fishing_pole_and_fish::fishing_pole_and_fish:

Dublin playing two of their games in Croke Park.

They’re going down so.

Yeah it’s croke park. A double-bill with the big ballers from Dublin and Tyrone on after. I’ll be heading home after the hurling

2 Likes

Clare are missing a pile of assumed starters, will struggle mightily.

We are only playing cork and clare will win

1 Like

Kelly is playing which must be a huge boost bit I’d still fancy Cork now. Obviously by the time Championship comes around, Clare should be beating them handy.

1 Like

Clare have a lot of questions to answer over the spring. Goalkeeper & the full backline are anyones guess, a centre back, a physical midfielder, a ball winner or work horse in the half forward line and a free taker all need to be found as well. The likes of McInerney, O’Connor, O’Brien and McGrath returning as the league progresses should help. The competition for places at wing back and the full forward line should be cut throat which should be good as well. Under Davy too many lads were picked on reputation or because they were favourites of the manager as opposed to being picked on form. That most certainly be the case under this management

The lads who will get chances like Gudgie, Shanahan, Golden, Malone, Deasy etc and lads who have been around for a year years without really making a mark like Morey, Cunningham, Flanagan, Peter Duggan and a few others really need to grasp their chance as they may not get many more.

All in all the team selected for the Cork game looks promising in the fact that the middle third has been beefed up somewhat and looks better balanced that previous years

1 Like

Very strong Clare team. I’d imagine Cork will start Coleman, Kingston and Spillane while one of Burke/Griffin, Meade and Fitzgibbon are also in the running. Clare by 3 setting up relegation for Cork.

Hard one to call still do not like our back line

1 Like

This is the Dublin stick hurling team to play Tipp. I’d say we should win by about 5 or 6 points.

Matty

Who are the Dublin stickless hurling team playing the weekend ??

Tyrone.

1 Like