Allianz Hurling League 2019

I attended 3 of their games last year and saw the cork Munster final on tv . Each time I saw them live I was really impressed by their work rate, basics , espirit de corps, Coaching etc but I struggled to see obvious senior IC players. They could well prove me wrong as tbh I thought similar of a number of last year’s Lk team when I saw them a club / underage level . Time will tell .

Hard working, unselfish, athletic players who can do the basics very well are nothing to be sniffed it; the key ingredient would be a really good hurling brain.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a good few of them make it in the long run, could complement the lads they have there already very nicely.

God yes absolutely but that progress wasnt obvious . I genuinely admired them last year after seeing the trimming they got from cork in Munster final . Great bunch of lads and was happy for them .

I thought they might have given Noel McGrath’s younger brother a run at full back, looking to the future and all that, the chap on the tag in the other corner

So, broad agreement on the Tipp team then.

Tipp have classy hurlers but I wouldn’t say they’re the best stick men by a mile. Cork are at least as skillful.
It does give great pleasure to say though that I genuinely believe that Tipp are fucked and I’d be surprised if they qualified from munster this year

1 Like

Limerick have no stick men. Or Galway either. We’re just puffed up financially doped gym monkeys. Sure Declan Hannon has only one side.

Jaysus, no need to be getting so defensive, just because I didn’t mention Limerick.
I just picked out another county (Cork) that’s not my own as an example. Didn’t want to be bigging ourselves up too much.
Point is that there’s a lot of lazy analysis and clichés when it comes to hurling and this Tipp team (they’ve the best wristy hurlers, best stick men, classiest hurlers…). So many pundits say it that it then becomes almost accepted as fact

I was being sarcastic mate, this is the INTERNET

You were being a patronising old cunt

Sunday will be interesting enough . I hope Dublin really put it up to our boys . They have strength and athleticism and will be anxious to perform .

I assume Waterford will want to keep momentum going to further get last year’s dirty diesel out of system . Hard to know what Galway will be like .

If Limerick win then Galway would be the ideal opponent both teams will have a cut and it would add more spice to an already simmering rivalry from last August, I don’t want to see Waterford and @Fagan_ODowd until it really matters.

Waterford reinvented hurling last weekend.

1 Like

I’ll fucking smash you like teenager Conor Boylan did to big Pawdeee Maher if you keep going, fucking behave yourself

Relax mate, I was just being sarcastic

I’ll bust you like Gearóid Hegarty busted Barry Heffernan

Watch your fucking mouth or you’ll be picking your teeth up off the ground like Seamus Callanan was after Barry Hennessy levelled him

That’s the spirit

Sweet Jesus, this is why I stopped reading the limerick gaa thread.

1 Like

Tipp are a funny one to call alright. They have that potent mix in the forwards that could win a game in ten minutes by blitzing a team with something like 2-5 without reply.

However the age profile of their main men is worrying. Paudie, Brendan, Noel Mc, Bonner, Barry, Callinan are all around the 30 mark and are lacking serious pace. I don’t think they can put winning performances back to back in the current format. The main men of the other Munster counties are around the 25 mark and have pace.