Allianz Hurling League 2019

@bandage can you go over the permutations following today’s results. I refuse to listen to Sunday Sport

1 Like

Hm

1 Like

Delighted for my adopted county they needed a Limerick man to take them to the promised land👍

Hurling would be in a much poor place without Leix and Carlow amongst the elite teams.

The only thing rising in Carlow is the ref raising his hand with the red card in it.
They are so used to playing with 14 men everyday they go out that it is an advantage for them at this stage.
Carlow and Westmeath in division one hurling next year.

Division 1A definitely has more pizzazz about it for next year.

Laois will do some serious damage in that division

0-4 combined from galway and kk in their respective second halfs? Eeeeek

Was the wind a factor I wonder?

Both were playing with it…

Fuck off, they didn’t get ANOTHER fella sent off did they?!!

Wexford-Galway will be a tasty one next week!

Galway v Wex ??

In the first half.

Happier times…

1 Like

Lovely extended interview with Davy Fitz there on Radio 1. ‘We had 38 shots, KK only had 22’. Next week should be a cracker, I wonder will they put it with the footballers early on the Saturday

Of course they did, one of the Byrnes early in the first quarter. Surely the GAA will have to look into this appalling disciplinary record. Everyone loves a game with a bit of bite, but they take the biscuit.

Back from Walsh Park. Thawing out. I was perished. We started well and were 5 points to 4 up after 10 minutes. We were playing a nice brand of tippy tippy hurling that will suit the summer months better. Then Galway got a goal and that discombobulated us a bit and they out scored us 2-7 to 2 points in the last twenty five minutes of the half to go in leading 2-11 to 0-7.

I didn’t see much hope for us but we tacked on three points early on in the second half to get a foothold. Galway didn’t score again until the twentieth minute of the half until Supermacs Guy tapped over a free. The game entered a bit of a stalemate then and as the clock ticked past 35 minutes Galway were still a point in front and acting the fucking maggot wasting time. Three minutes into stoppage time Ozzie gathered a ball in the centre of defence and delivered a good clearance which reached Peter Hogan who caught it thirty yards out turned and headed for goal. He passed it in the direction of Shane Bennett but it went slightly to far in front of him and it evaded him and the outrushing Fergal Flannery. Bennett made a despairing dive and got a touch on the ball that guided it over the line and we had won.

Kevin Moran, Jamie Barron and Shane Bennett were very good for us. The Brick is finished. Referee David Hughes is a clown. It seems to be illegal to whistle up Supermacs Guy for any offense. The Galway full back was at 6s and 7s and generally Galway lacked a little bit of fight in the second half.

9 Likes

They’re a dangerous shower of bastards. They nearly killed a Laois player last year.

He’s no Daithi for sure.