Allianz Hurling League 2019

Paul Browne, Richie McArthy, Mike Casey and Will Odonoghue all have long term injuries. Declan Hannon went off injured against Cork. Peter Casey wasn’t used much. Dowling missed the start of last year’s championship. Finn And Casey went off hurt in last year’s final.

We’ve had as much injuries as anyone else (except Waterford)

WOD is still out injured, I don’t think Morrissey would do at full back for a season, browne is also out injured (WOD and Browne would be my sub mids, not Ryan nor Hanley yet). Richie McCarthy another full back line player still out injured.

NaP had the club All Ireland sown up until M Casey went off last year … Limerick had Galway destroyed until Casey went off in the final … Himself , Finn and English is a super line but Casey is a very important part of it.

1 Like

It’s a wonder they’re playing semi finals or indeed a final at all.

James Barry and Donagh Maher in the same full back line is only asking for a hole opening come summer time. One of them still bad enough.

Dry your eyes mate

We’re out of the League. We’re all only playing for 2nd place.

King Con did wreck when Casey went off

Correct … but He didnt get a sniff until then…

Correct had him in his pocket for a game and a half

Found Sheedy’s bravado after their league campaign a bit false and maybe overstated. After the defeat to Dublin he was saying he was delighted with how the league had went. They won two games and didn’t really unearth many new players.

For the championship they’ll still be relying on a core group of players who were there in 2009/2010 and have plenty of mileage on the clock since - Padraic Maher, Callanan, Brendan Maher, Noel McGrath etc. Even Bubbles, Forde and Barry are around a while too.

They’ll still be extremely dangerous in the summer and I wouldn’t be surprised if they got out of Munster but just thought his comments were a bit forced saying all was rosy.

He kept them all out of jail in fairness.

2 Likes

Sheedy was going to say that . Tipp have the best natural stick men by a mile but the lack of pace at both ends is a huge huge problem .

2 Likes

Was saying this myself the weekend

Not unearthing new lads seems to be a big problem for them. The core of their team seems to be the exact same as it was 5 years ago, and they still seem to have no midfield.

They still have some excellent forwards though, which gives them a puncher’s chance against anyone

Like, Noel & John McGrath, Seamie Callanan, Bubbles, Jake Morris, Jason Forde; they’re all serious forwards in their own right but if you tried to shoehorn them all into one forward line, I’m not sure it’d function.

Dan McCormack is huge for them and you’d imagine Bonner or Niall O’Meara will also have to play in there to make the whole unit work. But is Bonner on the wane?

The u 21 team last year was a very even well coached and spirited team but lacked real obvious potential senior IC hurlers . Not unlike Lk from 2000 - 2002 .

Bonner , if you watch nearly always ends up being hooked or dispossessed these days . A yard of pace gone definitely. That said he will still could be a factor this summer .

Tipp will still be hard bate that said .

Yes very true. A team full of 7/10 players. Tough though. Out-fought what appeared to be a more talented Cork team in the final. Tipp could use lads like that now. The senior team has a bad habit of losing close games lately

I attended 3 of their games last year and saw the cork Munster final on tv . Each time I saw them live I was really impressed by their work rate, basics , espirit de corps, Coaching etc but I struggled to see obvious senior IC players. They could well prove me wrong as tbh I thought similar of a number of last year’s Lk team when I saw them a club / underage level . Time will tell .