Allianz Hurling League 2019

I think they’ve an outstanding chance in the all ireland. They’ve been relatively consistent bar last year. If they can find one or two forwards they’ll be very close. They weren’t miles of Galway in 2017 and played an inhibiting brand of hurling. They only need to improve 3 or 4 points to be genuine contenders. Limerick And Galway were flat out in the league in 18 and 17 and won the all ireland.

tenor

13 Likes

Momentum is everything, Waterford disregarded the league last year and looked what happened in the championship, I know injuries and playing away from home didn’t help. Waterford seem to have blooded 3/4 during the league plus there is Conor Gleeson and the two Fives to come back, TDB looked match rusty today, Aussie still not fully fit, we haven’t seen Patrick Curran yet either so I think Waterford are in good enough shape. A league final in croker against the AI champions and the form team will be a massive test.

2 Likes

Agreed momentum is huge in the current format. You’ve very little too to change the mood in camp. So many games. I suspect Waterford will be in the last 4 this year.

This would be alot handier to be played in Thurles would get 17-18k. This double header craic is a load of bollox.

1 Like

Playing in a narrow field like that is good practice for the game v Waterford is one bonus.

Give me the names and I’ll make sure it gets addressed at our committee meeting tonight.

1 Like

@cluaindiuic @anon32894817 @Esso_Oil laughing at lads hetting injured, pray for their mothers

1 Like

Big Joe just wants a few weeks off training to bring peace to the Middle East w/ Unicef. He’ll be back to murder Tipp in July.

1 Like

Congratulations @Fagan_ODowd
By far the better team

Excuse me Sir but could you please edit that post to remove my name from that statement, I made no such comment about Joe Cannings injury nor did I allude to such. Kind regards.

League Hurling Final a curtain raiser to League Football Final the last Sunday in March. This new calendar is some rushed job.

Post amended with apologies. Only a true scumbag would laugh at a hurler being stretchered off.
You are a sound lad

1 Like

Galway have been suffering with this collective malaise for a year now. It’s very odd. It’s like winning the all ireland has stripped them of their mojo. They genuinely look like they couldn’t be arsed in that second half.

2 Likes

How are you shocked, they are always too lax, winning one all ireland with those players would be an underachievment in any other county, its an over achievement in galway

1 Like

Galway are finished mate, stick a fork in us. Kilkenny, Dublin and Wexford to come out of Leinster.

I’m more puzzled than shocked. It looks like a lack of sharpness and hunger. Possibly poor fitness levels.

Galway have to target the Carlow match now. That’s looking like the match to preserve Liam McCarthy Cup status with the Munster counties ring fenced against relegation.

1 Like

Flat and all as galway are they are probably still the best team in Leinster

Galway lads turning on their own here based on a league game :laughing:

2 Likes