Allianz National Football League 2024

A masterclass in roastery roaring during the anthem there

Who’ll win this?

Dublin

1 Like

https://twitter.com/clglaois/status/1753864191696327100?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

Full time. That was Roches 5th of the game, 10 in two games now. None from play tonight though. He’s slipping, but was carrying a knock so we’ll let him off.

Abysmal performances from Kildare and Meath this evening.

Kicking received

AFL Division 2, Round 2 Full Time
Fermanagh 2-10
Kildare 0-12

Armagh 2-16
Meath 0-10

Jaysus

Limerick: 0-9(9)
Down: 3-16(25)

It won’t be this year Dublin get a challenge in Leinster so

Kildare could take a serious beating off the Brisbane Lions next week.

Laois are coming like a train

https://twitter.com/fotoole13/status/1753867128891928765?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

Given their carryon about selecting Carlow, this would be quite sweet

It would be lovely if somebody compiled a montage of the year’s best wides. Glen have already put their hands up. Paddy Small’s effort there a minute ago was as limp a wide as you’ll see. Those sorts of limp efforts are an underrated reason we love the game.

Mayo playing serious possum here

Jesus the possession versus a team backing off style is tough to watch

Think he took Laois to a Division 2 final against Jimmy’s Donegal last time he was in charge (2011 iirc). He’ll do a good job there I reckon. Ye’re first competent manager since Sugrue in 2018-19.

It’s putrid, but mark my words, Jim McGuinness is changing the game

What’s the qualifying for the sam Maguire story this year has anyone crunched the numbers? Remember last year D2 Meath missed out because a few lower ranked teams got handy draws in the provincials and made the final. It’s probably the most important part thing about the league but in typical gaa style isn’t clear. Last year I think Kildare got through by skin of their teeth and then had a few great performances in Sam Maguire.

Lost out to Dublin in a quarter final of the All Ireland under him in 2012 thanks to a John O Loughlin own goal.

That night went downhill for Dermot Connolly after.

No foul there. Soft wan.