Allianz National Football League 2024

A Clare man no less. Justy is obviously cut from the same cloth as McGeeney when it comes to the fly keeper

There’ll need to be a count kept on goals scored into empty nets across all Inter County games this year.

Dublin and Kerry are the most likely All Ireland winners and a key reason behind it is because their keepers are the least likely to go walkabout.

1 Like

Shane Ryan did loads of it the other night and was mostly only getting in the way.

Thought I heard Wicklow away but still winnable. Sligo maybe as well. Clare in transition but think we are in a worse state. After the kicking Cork got today and sad situation in Tipp I don’t think Munster football has ever been worse than this

It’s a thing to do now but most of them have no idea why they are doing it.

1 Like

Wheels in Laois @myboyblue nice post opportunity missed. Although by the sounds of it she may well have been a voiceover from home

No way she was there, there was barely a crowd there

VAR. Fuck off FFS.

1 Like

4 probably won’t be enough. Home to Antrim would be one they’d expect to win. Aside from Wicklow, hard to see where other wins come from.

Wicklow gave a good account of themselves against a good Down team yesterday. Heard they wasted a couple of good goal chances too. Limerick will do well to win in Aughrim.

I’d say Donegal will win Ulster. Mickey Harte has never beaten Jim McGuinness in championship football. Derry might have their eye on peaking later anyway.

I think Michael Murphy being gone will prove a blessing in disguise for Donegal. Sometimes a team is too reliant on a player. His absence will force the rest of the team to develop their leadership qualities and under McGuinness you can be sure this will happen.

McGuinness coming back to Donegal is basically the GAA equivalent of Klopp at Liverpool. He’ll transform them. They could win the All-Ireland this year and definitely represent the best value bet.

Do Donegal play Derry in Round 1 in Ulster?

And in early April?

On that basis you’d fancy Donegal. Derry dont really need another Ulster title and a 5 or 6 week break for them going into the round robin would be a good thing.

Yes Derry are at home.

Armagh have a handy run to the final on the other side.

A Donegal v Armagh final would be good.

I have Donegal v Armagh ranked at #5 in my Ulster Final pairings POWER RANKINGS.

1 Like

Go on then…

1 Like

Yeh, Mickey will be aiming for the win but Jim seems to hold that indian sign over him. I could see us beating Derry, but only because I believe they’ll regress under Harte. I took a punt of 40-something to one on an all ireland win in Jim’s first year. Unlikely to come in, but you never know. His first championship with the county brought a team ranked 23rd in the country to an All Ireland Semi Final and lost by two points.

Murphy looked haggard from injuries, and even failed to show anything exceptional in the club championship this season, so his race was ran. You’re right, there was an over reliance. I can see Ryan McHugh taking over the captaincy over the next year or two. Plenty of game intelligence, and grit.

1 Like

Nearly as bad as the rugby World Cup draw

Justy has Laois purring

https://twitter.com/clglaois/status/1753850980641247487?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg