Allianz National Football League 2024

They just dont like it when the other team has a go

Numerous closely ran all Ireland wins would say different .

1 Like

Commentator eye.

10 Likes

I’d say Gallagher was furiously spitting on his hands somewhere today

4 Likes

Savage spot to watch and I’d say Jim had the TV switched off shortly after the trophy was lifted. I’m just hoping it was Guinness you were drinking :joy:

First time in there but I will be back even if Gorey wouldn’t be a regular ground for me.

Jim is a lovely man, seems like a rubby spot as they turned it over to the women’s 6 nations at HT which I wouldn’t hold against them too much.

Met a few locals there at the bar, I was probably taking one of the locals spots but they couldn’t have been any more welcoming.

Few Dubs there too which probably incentivised the Derry support a bit :joy:

He wrestled a couple of derry ladsvto the ground and some of the Bridies around here want him beheaded.

1 Like

By fuck but I would

2 Likes

I wasn’t happy either but there was a few rubby weirdo types who asked so what could you do. We only missed 35-36 mins so it was fine.

Jim would be a patron of the rugby club alright but only carries RTE or SaorView Channels. You’d only get soccerball there if it’s Ireland or Champions League. Usually a safe haven on a Sunday from footix.

The locals would normally be facing the bar in the small seats so you were safe enough. If you’re there again and want to talk to a stranger from the internet over the nicest pint of Guinness on the North Wexford Riviera then shout :+1:t3:

1 Like

If that womens rubby team ever win a match rte will be looking for a national holiday to be declared.

5 Likes

I was actually in Nancys getting dinner and they wouldn’t show the football due to footix. I was going to go on TFK but then happened to get the green light from herself to go pub searching for GAA. First pub I found.
Chalk it down :+1:t3:

By Nancy’s I assume you mean Katie’s :joy:

Ya that’s it. Grand grub but all footix.

Actually great idea to have a pub with the plain channels :+1:t3::joy:

1 Like

Dublin 15 frees to derrys 10…most of derrys in their own half. At least lane made a game of it

In fairness he gave you a peno instead of the 11th free.

3 Likes

5 years ago this month Derry beat Wexford in Bellaghy by 2 points in a Division 4 clash. That they have gone from division 4 to div 1 champs in 5 years is a fair achievement and i think they deserve huge credit, league or not, its great to see them play quality football to get where they are and be competing at the top table.

6 Likes

So a free in then…

It’s a great achievement alright , but they should never have been a division 4 team

He didn’t give the firat free. He had to give the second just to take the bad look off it…only after consulting the umpires, in the hope of getting off the hook.