Allianz National Football League 2024

Strange enough interview from Dessie.

Never gave Monaghan any credit.

Deserved win for Monaghan. They always seem to be able to step up against the dubs in the league. O 'Hanlon excellent. Burst onto scene few years ago as a teenager if i remember correctly scoring a goal or two in a game. Didnt kick on after that but maybe after tonight.
As a rossie a disaster of a result as a middling Tyrone will beat us tomorrow. We are down probably 7 or 8 starters

Just like the manger of the other team , Dessie Farrell.

3 Likes

Big Davy Burke has been very bullish this week.

Not sure why as many know iv a brother on Ros panel. They are very weak. Few injuries, Brigids lads not back bar Dolan who will be a sub but wont make team anyway. Smith suspended

2 Likes

Kildare has their tae served to them in Carlow this evening by Cavan as well.

How is the prodigal son going after parachuting in from Longford?

Absolutely. I like Dessie.

1 Like

He actually played ball with my brother in Chicago last summer when bro took year out. Wont make it with us this year anyway. Very light. Had a falling out with Paddy Christie in Longford so was never going play with them anyway. Not the only one fall out with Christie either. Cant see him getting game time to be honest but 6 foot something young lad who can score so you never know

1 Like

He has a bit about him from what I saw of him underage but needs a bit of meat on the bone but the breeding is good. Christie is a bit of an odd one, I hear heā€™s taking a big stand in DCU currently re scholarships and county players. Be interesting to see how that goes.

1 Like

Wont break in much this year anyway is what i hear whether he ever will i dont know. Its a big step up.
Around time Cox transferred to us Keith Beirne from Leitrim tried transfer to us too. Wasnt a simple transfer and county never pushed it basically. Hes been a stand out in D4 since.
Watched Duggan play good bit in Chicago last summer as brother was involved but learn nothing from that. Has a bit about him though.
Christie a strange one. Fell out with loads even ome his selectors walked few weeks ago

1 Like

Iā€™m delighted for @Bandage life partner with the win tonight but equally gutted for @Bandage that his pal was directly responsible for MNs winning point.

3 Likes

She switched over from Celebrity Catchphrase to watch the closing stages.

4 Likes

:clap:

The league is great craic. The oul fella is in his element ā€¦looking forward to tyrone/ roscommon tomorrow, elighted with derry and monaghan, pestering me to look up fixtures, getting me to phone all his elderly connections to tell them thereā€™s FOOTBALL on the TV. All of the enjoyment of the championship, with none of the dread, nerves, disappointment and potential heartbreak . The gaa is a lovely thing, even if it is set up for the glorification of those bastards from kerry and dublin

8 Likes

Conor Glassā€™s win percentage for club and county since coming back from Australia must be off the charts.

What has he actually lost?

The 2x All Ireland Semi Finals with Derry obviously and a League Final last year to Dublin. Armagh in Championship in 2020 and Donegal in 2021.

Kilcoo 2021 and Crokes* 2023 for Glen.

Maybe a normal League game to Galway in 2022?

He must have played the bones of 80 games for Derry and Glen in that period.

2 Likes

O hanlon is an overnight sensation like cillian Murphy. I remember him coming on as a sub v Dublin in Clones a few years in a league game possibly opening too and catching a ball over the top to either score or set up a goal. He was lightning then and same tonight. Dublin need a few cynical backs - Theo Clancy and cian o Callaghan from Crokes come to mind

2 Likes

He was running on empty there this evening. Much more of that and heā€™ll barely be fit to raise Sam in the summer.

Cian Oā€™Connor was on the bench tonight.

How Baggio Brennan left him sitting on the bench for so long in Newry a few weeks ago was crazy stuff.

I heard that Carlow county board had a dispute with their main sponsors Mount Wolseley recently. As a result Carlow went to Thurles today with a set of jerseys from 4 years ago. Some mess but a good win for them nonetheless even against a Tipp team without players of the quality of Michael Quinlivan and Conor Sweeney.

1 Like