Allianz National Football League 2024

ā€˜MON TA HELL!!!

1 Like

Is Conor sweeney far away ? See heā€™s been listened on league panel!! Think he did the cruciate around this time last year

Was that the minor team we sent down @Tank ? Wouldnā€™t know half of them.

5 losses now will set us up well for the last day houdini act. Who do we have?

2 Likes

I was at it, it was class. They flattered to deceive a bit in the first half and the inexperience showed at times also. The headlines about Fenton were that he gave that ball away at the end but in the 1st half he was properly imperious, he was making me feel like Roy Curtis. Those 2 lads we had in midfield - Oā€™Toole and Wilson - theyā€™ve a bit to go I think. In the 2nd half they may or may not have been slightly the better team.

Hamill was a debutant for us who looks like he might have potential. Stephen Oā€™Hanlon was playing like Conor Glass or Paudie Clifford. Obviously, players dont usually get class overnight but maybe heā€™s decided its time to do something. Pace usually translates to Championship time so thereā€™s some cause for optimism there. We ran at them relentlessly and always got results, thats why we won. Michael Woods and that lad McNulty looked good off the bench.

Keeper is a good shot stopper but not a good distributor. I was disappointed we didnt get more out of David Garland but thats as tough a league debut as you could get and heā€™ll get plenty more chances.

The team didnt look that well drilled and werenā€™t really playing ā€œCorrie-ballā€, which is why they won. That will all have changed come Championship. They tried a lot of kick passing and it was mostly shite, got nowhere with it.

If Monaghan managed to stay in Division 1 while bleeding a fair few new players that would be a huge success for the year. By rights this should be a rebuilding year, my expectations are rock bottom. To be really positive about it - if we beat Kerry next week, big if, we should push on and try to make the final, given that weā€™ve been in Division 1 a long time but never really done anything in it and havent won it since Sean McCagueā€™s time. Like that would be Kerry with 2 defeats and weā€™ve already played Dublin soā€¦ easier said than done of course.

Championship games tonight, can you give your thoughts on the NFL thread please.

4 Likes

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking: which was it?

Ye rattled the fuck outta them

Another stellar year for Paddy anyway, back to back Byrne Cups will be high on the cv

1 Like

Monaghan got good results when they ran at Dublin. When they tried kick passing into the full forward line they mostly just lost the ball.

Comer out as well. Galway probably missing 5 of their best players now apart from Walsh.

TG4 boys forgot the j cloths

2 Likes

Galway have kicked 2 of the nicest points youā€™d ever see there

Mcstay looks like some cunt with beanie cap on

1 Like

Aido back on it again, incredible consistency. What a servant to the game.

1 Like

Mayo must have the ball for 8 minutes hereā€¦

And finally itā€™s turned over.

Galway playing a slow midfielder at 12 marking McLaughlin is mad stuff. McLaughlin making hay as Dā€™Arcy canā€™t run with him. I know they are down a lot of players today but they could at least get this stuff right on the line.

2 Likes

Here at it. Fucking hopeless stuff

Classic Mayo there. Keeper comes up to kick it and ROD shoos him away, gives it big shapes and drops it short.

Never change

Mayo starting to fire them from distance now. Galway are dreadfully disappointing though.

Galway have left it in a few times and Maher has been throwing the weight around this half.

ROD shops the goalie away againā€¦.and he has this one. He had to tbf

Whatever became of Tik Tok guy Mark Moran for Mayo?