Allianz National Hurling League 2023

There’s another three All Irelands (minimum) in Limerick this decade

1 Like

5 Likes

Lovely show of respect from the cork fans

3 Likes

You always want more, it’s human nature, when you have success you want to have more, eaten bread is soon forgotten

‘If I hadn’t seen such riches, I could live with being poor’

We want them to keep going forever, but we’ve seen the lows too. This is a once in a generation crop. When they are gone, they are gone. We can only hope they have inspired the next gen so we won’t have to go 40 odd years until the next one.

12 Likes

Wow, they circled the kids fairly quickly

Cian seems a thoroughly alright sort. My favourite hurler outside of Galway. He looks a contented lad too. Balanced

2 Likes

Nothing surer. You have it already sure, apes around me in the stand giving out about lads and calling them useless once Cork started to get on top.

You couldnt make it up, :rofl:

1 Like

Genuinely nice lad

1 Like

Hope Cian made it out safely. There was some serious bile going his way from the Cork crowd

1 Like

Seriously?

Gather 20k people anywhere and you will round up a few idiots.

There was a fella near me roaring to get McCarthy off the field. Obviously he had a bit of a wobble but I don’t know why you would bother with that kind of thing. Not as if Kiely would think good idea, and he was on the other side of the field anyway.

Pretty sure the boos were for Hegarty going off, and it wasn’t just a small group of children.

1 Like

Yeah, as the lad under me says there were lads around me roaring for McCarthy to be taking off and the two lads behind me wanted Flanagan gone after 20, I kid you not.

Now to be fair, with the programme wrong these lads badly struggled to know who half the Limerick team were. Success in any county will attract a certain level of idiocy.

6 Likes

@Heyyoubehindthebushes getting a lot of flak here

3 Likes

If you go to the GG next week you’ll get a fair share of them in the open stand. Spouting nonsense.

Limerick’s success has brought many great things but one thing it has also brought is a lot bandwagoners who haven’t a clue

1 Like

Some amount of them.

1 Like

Huge amount of diehards there last night too who know the score, great to see.
I dnt mind lads joining the bandwagon , it happens with all sports and teams, the lads who havent a clue but have to be heard is a different story

1 Like

Enjoyable game, the North Stand (aswell as the South one) is a terrific place to watch a game.

Harmless enough fare generally. Annoying to let it slip after being in a strong position. Apart from Joyce, thought the Cork corner back (O’Callaghan?) was impressive. In the second half their full backline were out in front almost every time.

Didn’t look great for Robbie O’Flynn. A disaster for Pat Ryan if he’s out for the season, he has really improved over the last 18-24 months and caused a good bit of bother last night also. Hope he’s not out too long, never like to see a player badly hurt.

Hannon was imperious before he went off. He’s just brilliant, inevitably makes the right decision on the ball. He’s somehow getting better.

Quaid’s stock increases with every challenge match or league game he doesn’t play. Cork must have got four or five points directly or indirectly from our own puck outs. Won the All-Ireland without Lynch last year but wouldn’t have won it without Quaid IMO. Easily our most important player. Doesn’t bear thinking about if he gets injured or retires in the next year or two.

Two good scores from Adam English but he wasn’t really in it otherwise, he’ll come good in time though.

As has been said, still relying on the same core group of players for the last five years. When the end comes it will be brutal but hopefully that’s a couple of years off yet. Disappointing none of the new lads really stood out, another chance to impress spurned last night. Still have the best starting 15 in the country but light enough outside that in some areas.

Great to have it back, even if it was levels below championship.

13 Likes

What did i say this time?

PUC is class too. Absolutely class

3 Likes