Allianz National Hurling League 2023

Heā€™ll clean up

1 Like

I thought seadna morey had retired or am I mixing him up

Opted out after 2020 season but was convinced to come back

1 Like

Aside from the fact that the GAA un-promoted us in 2011 and then we were stuck down in 1B for almost the entire duration, it was a better comp. No jeopardy whatsoever in the league now. Glorified training sessions.

Shhh. Itā€™s not going too badly.

Have we got a tipping comp set up for the league?

Is GAA Go/Bang Tv covering all the weekendā€™s games in Division 1?

Here mate

https://www.rte.ie/sport/hurling/2023/0202/1353411-allianz-hurling-league-round-1-all-you-need-to-know/

1 Like

Alright, someone will set up a comp after I go to bed, so Iā€™m getting my retaliation in first.

Wexford v Galway : Draw 1 - 17 Galway, 2 - 14 Wexford.
Cork 1 - 19 lose to Limerick 3 - 23
Antrim 1 - 16 Kilkenny 3 - 23
Tipperary 3 - 21 Laois 0 - 16
Clare 4 - 27 Westmeath 1 - 14
Waterford 2 - 23 Dublin 1 - 1
Think thatā€™s it.

1 Like

I reckon the league this year will be very different to 2022. Too many new managers looking for players and Limerick with a real need to find new talent.
Too many counties without the luxury of taking the league easy. They have to go now and go hard. This league could be bedlam and that would be a very good thing.
The only county I could see using it to ease into the championship would be Clare.
Possibly Limerick, but Iā€™d fancy Kiely wants to be seen as ruthless and wants options to step up.
Davy might pull a slow one and decide after last year that the league doesnā€™t suit Waterford and ignore it, concentrating on his training schedule. But Iā€™d imagine he wants to lay down a marker.
Like Wexford, Dublin (probably not, theyā€™re fucked) , Galway, Laois and especially Cork. Tipp will be a massive failure on all fronts this year.

1 Like

Youā€™d have to think even the Dubs will manage more than 1-1 :grinning:

1 Like

Poor penalty by Niland, perfect height for the keeper to get to

1 Like

Niland will be on the bench for the year. Brilliant club player, thatā€™s it.

He seemed to put no power in it at all

BDE is expanding. Heā€™s like a baby elephant

Wexford backs very prone to fouling, lazy spare hand left in the whole time

Some soft ones. Wexford against the wind in the second half

Looked like that Wexford free was into the breeze there?

No they are just terrible freetakers

2 Likes