Allianz National Hurling League 2023

There is something about Cork this year alright. It’s like an attitude change or something, can’t put my finger on it.

The Rock isn’t running their training drills anymore.

Like awarded for crack Wexford outfit reference. A nice twist on the usual crack Eastern European outfit references here.

Sure once you cross the Shannon you’re in Eastern Europe

2 Likes

They keep winning, what am I to do :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Ultimate poacher Seanie

1 Like

Surprised to see Conor Fogarty still starting midfield for Kilkenny under the new management.

Cork will do well to get any result in Munster with performances like the ones against Westmeath and Wexford.

2 Likes

Corkness or cliste as Donal O Grady kept calling it.

2 Likes

I may have mentioned this yesterday but the corkness is off the charts for this time of year

2 Likes

That was fairly septic viewing.

Outside of Power and Tommy O’Connell, mot much to be ecstatic about after that. Tommy in particular looks to be in the driving seat to start either at half-back or midfield.

Harnedy made a massive difference.

Lee Chin best on the pitch by a distance.

Box office. Liam won’t be leaving this year

1 Like

Them poor kids must have no internet or something

Clare - Galway appears to have been an awful game. Bit surprised by that.

It’ll be Limerick, Tipp and Cork the 3 out of Munster and Kilkenny, Galway and Wexford out of Leinster. Tipp to deny Limerick in AI final. Jason Forde HOTY.

2 Likes

You’re writing off Clare who, in fairness to them, matched Limerick in a lot of respects last year?

It should be an interesting Munster campaign. I’d be shocked if Forde wins HOTY though… we’ve all seen him flying in the league before.

Interesting read in yesterday’s Examiner that 3 of Waterford’s big names including Gleeson were quitting if Cahill had stayed on as manager.

Beautiful ball player Forde is. Best in the country for me.

Clare are a weird one. They’ve a decent spine and they’ll match teams for effort and physicality. They’ll still need Kelly to do untold and you’d have to wonder how much longer can he do it for. Duggan seems to have forgotten how to hurl during his sabbatical. I don’t rate Aidan McCarthy like some pundits and the like have been. And you’re then relying on the likes of Reidy and a few of the small and fast new lads coming in to hit the ground running.