Allianz National Hurling League 2023

Regarding Duggan, in my experience lads who spend a few years in Australia are never the same players when they come back.

Best stickman probably. A bit surprised to see heā€™s never won an All Star.

1 Like

He is more athletic this year. He looks totally different whatever he was doing in the offseason. Before Tadhg De Burcas aerial challenge where he drove through the back of him would have rendered him useless for the rest of the game, but he bounced back admirably. I can see him having a big year.

Clare are dark horses. They were lively early doors today but after first 15 mins they lost their shape and were out fought. Im not sure they have panel depth. Mounsey, Morey etc probably typifies that. Still McInerney to come back and O Donnell. When all is said and done It is very hard to forgive that Kilkenny capitulation last year. They have a lot to prove.

Itā€™s not that surprising. Has he ever deserved one?

No. 2019 as close as he was

Thatā€™s true and came to my head fairly soon after I saw he had none.

Nope.

His best year for Tipp was 2018 when Tipp were absolutely woeful. Since then, heā€™s had games where heā€™s looked like a world beater but, generally, in Championship has been well-handled and has never replicated his league form across an entire Championship season.

Now, itā€™s not all his fault. Heā€™s probably only really suited to a central position and when Callanan & Noel McGrath have been fit, theyā€™ve largely been taking those positions at 14 & 11.

1 Like

Munster still too hard to call. Think itā€™s between Tipp and Cork for the third spot.

Heā€™d a brilliant first half (as did Tipp) v Limerick in 21. Like the rest of the Tipp team, he forgot to come back out for the second half.

Heā€™s in excellent condition this year. Itā€™s his 11th season on panel and he probably doesnā€™t have many left.

Mental to think they are persisting with this round robon nonsense for another year.

A Tipp v Waterford dead rubber in the last round would surely finish it for good.

2 Likes

Itā€™s madness. You could have a Wexford or a Dublin still playing away and a decent Munster team out. Tipp with first two games away with a very tricky draw.

1 Like

Lads will be trying to claim Wexford v Dublin at 5pm on a damp April Saturday afternoon is some sort of big deal.

1 Like

Old system would actually suit Munster teams better. Laughable likes of Wexford and Dublin stay in championship longer.

3 Likes

The round robin is probably the biggest enemy to that Limerick team clocking up miles on the legs, if it was to return to the recent back door tradition last seen in 21 they would probably hit 6 in a row.

Darragh Moloney just said kilmacud Crokes brought 1000 people to the Dublin /Kilkenny game . Some goingā€¦what a club ā€¦

Think of all the tinfoil youā€™d save

1 Like

Did they throw them all in for the mini games at half time?

2 Likes

Where were the rest?

1 Like

I dont attend round robin games.

1 Like

Are we supposed to trust Krokesā€™ counting on this?

14 Likes