Allianz National Hurling League 2023

Munster championship is like 7s rugby, crazy final scores along the line 0-35 to 1-25.
Not a serious tackle in the entire game.

Unrale

I’d agree it’s been shit too since the round robin came in.

No matter how bad Laois’ discipline is you can always rely on Carlow to give us a ‘hold my pint’ moment.

4 Likes

Donal Og going bald headed for Jarlath.

That was some defending by Laois fullback for McManus goal …

Liam is right there regarding the fact that every young fella should have the opportunity to put a hurl in his hand. It’s our National game and the fact that boys and girls go through their formative years without even swinging a hurl is a betrayal by our association.

1 Like

Gleeson is 28 this year and in his 10th season of inter county hurling , apart from the AISF in 2017 he’s gone missing when Waterfords need was greatest, he wouldn’t hold a candle to true Deise greats such as Ken McGrath, Mullane and Tony Browne who always produced it in defeat and victory.

3 Likes

The fact people from Leinster call a Hurley a hurl is obviously not helping.

At least call the sacred weapon with the name it deserves.

13 Likes

Away and shite you thundering fuck

1 Like

Bit harsh but temperament a bit suspect allright.

Kildare get promoted?
Would be a beacon of hope for Ewan

Always good when Tipp are on top. Tends to go missing when Tipp need to chase.

Wrists of gold.

Interesting comments from Donal Og tonight that Tipp lads just have an instinct for goal that Waterford never have.

Donal Og has huge appreciation for the beauty of Tipperary hurling.

2 Likes

Dan Shanahan, Paul Flynn and John Mullane had an instinct for goals

I was a little disappointed with the clips Sheedy showed of Tipp with 10 men inside the 45 working back.

I preferred it when we were totally naive and either effortlessly good or just effortless.

3 Likes

Stephen Bennett was one of the best goalscorers ever in underage hurling; I do wonder whether he’s wasted a bit playing out at half-forward.

And in fairness to Mikey Kiely, he’s a pure poacher too. But Davy’s style will make it very difficult for Waterford to score many goals against good defences.

1 Like

I enjoyed that!

Me missus’ father (deise man) informs me that they were giving out the line ups before they were announced last year.