Allianz National Hurling League 2023

Joe McKenna saved Limerick hurling

Players should be back with their clubs for 3 or 4 weeks between League and Championship.

There’s a musical to be written about people looking for the perfect hurling format.

This guy came closest to the perfect format.

I don’t think we are far off it now. I think the championship is excellent right now. Just the league that’s become very tame.

The last day of the Munster Championship last year was a complete non event.

The All Ireland Quarter Finals were played at the graveyard slot of lunchtime on a Saturday because of a Currie Cup Rugby match in South Africa.

There was nobody at the Leinster Final and the All Ireland Semi finals particularly Kilkenny v Clare were very badly attended.

I was at both those games.

It’s a noble sentiment but they would still be at the whim of the county manager

Twice

So the hurling league is shit. It’s bad for hurling. What’s that doing for hurling? What’s that doing for hurling in Offaly?

Along with the managerial merry go round, high profile club transfers, viral videos of violence at club games, controversies over wide scores and illegal substitutes, and Martin Breheny lists, endless, endless, endless, endless debate about competition formats is part of the grease that keeps the GAA wheel turning.

Look it, the reality of the situation is that none of this is doing any good for hurling in Offaly, and that has to change, Joanne.

3 Likes

Odd how some lads are happy to play down his contribution.

Galway have had big crowds across the board. It’s the new open water swimming.
Similar attraction really, getting cold and wet in a barren windswept concrete shed.

He was talking quality, not quantity.

#kildarerising

They’ll win a hurling all ireland before a football one.

1 Like

Ryan will figure it out any day now

Yeah, just needs to add a few more lads to the management ticket.

Cold and wet here in UPMC Nowlan Park.

2 Likes

Gerry Adams 2 rows down from me here in Corrigan Park.

4 Likes

Desperate poor game in the Park.