Allianz National Hurling League 2023

Also Monivea-Abbey & Abbeyknockmoy

After falling short in the League that year we beat Cork in the Munster final that year, if I’m not mistaken our first championship win over them since 1940.

Boring second hand story: Some Cork fella said that if Limerick beat them in the 1980 Munster final he’d walk naked on the platform at Thurles station afterwards. Limerick did beat them so yer man had a problem. He decided to follow through on his promise and walked naked along the platform, and was arrested.

It wasn’t the last time there would be an incident of this nature on the line.

1 Like

No hurling (or at least very little) in half the county sure.

We’ll bate them at that too

That was Lakota @Thomas_Brady

Relatively strong Tipp and Limerick teams for Saturday. A good test for us. Still short a bit of firepower I’d say

A Tour de France from Coach Cody as the after dinner speaker at this evening’s 36th Irish Venture Capital and Private Equity Association annual dinner.

2 Likes

We’ll be bate out the gate :man_shrugging:

I fear that might happen alright.

Hopefully it won’t be as bad as the hammering down in Nowlan Park in 09

Tipp have been training full pelt since October, Limerick are only getting going. Tipp will start like a house on fire and should build a substantial enough lead to get the job done… Limerick have run out of steam second half all league.

1 Like

We are missing some amount of players. KK missing a few as well but looks like there are at least 11 starters there for championship?

Interesting to see how the likes of Ethan Twomey and Padraig Power do. Big hopes for both of them but the former in particular looks like he’ll need a while to get used to senior hurling’s rigours. Also it will be interesting to see how the likes of Roche, O’Connell and Eoin Downey get on in what should be a pace a decent bit closer to championship than what they have had to deal with so far.

Tipp will win this handy. Do lads even follow hurling here? Tipp have a league manager who loves winning it and have been going full pelt for months. Limerick are still “on the beach” to use the premier league phraseology. Sure Gillane has barely a week’s hurling done.

5 Likes

Shane Dowling gives Tipp absolutely no chance.
Its hard to argue with the case he made. Tipp down 2 if not 3 of first choice corner backs. A former wing forward playing full back. Another former wing forward playing wing back and a former wing back playing wing forward. Bonnar Maher is on the go since 2009 along with Noel McGrath. John McGrath post achillies surgery. It tells its own tale. A noble 5 or 6 point defeat would not be too bad an outcome.

1 Like

My comment on Tipperary is that they are seriously lacking pace in a number of positions. I can see them being opened up or shot to pieces from long range

“Lookit, credit Suisse are a serious bank. They are absolutely first class and even though they went completely bankrupt, they put in a serious performance. The regulator is criminal, and should never regulate anything again. The public want to see manly banking and are quite happy to bail out manly bankers”

19 Likes

He’s a bit of “football” done.

Seemingly he’s kicked a few things alright.

If we keep it to that it’s a positive result alright

0-3 each in the Laois and Westmeath game after 6 minutes.