Allianz National Hurling League 2023

As far as I can make out only one proper club has ever participated in both Galway SHC and SFC finals ever, which is Oranmore Maree (one hurling final in 1933 which they won and one SFC final in 1996 which they lost).

1 Like

Moycullen probably the most prominent dual club at present.

Limerick continue to defy the odds

Quality not quantity

And we successful dual counties as well.

I dont know how we do it.

Will the league final be on in PuíC? I take it Cork have a home/away arrangement with Tipp and Limerick. It’s a great venue tbf.

Tipp and Kilkenny in PUC will be a bit odd but will suit you.

Galway have to play hurling, football, camogie, soccer and rubby and row to the highest levels of competition. Limerick only can just about manage one thing at a time.

1 Like

Any higher than Sam Lynch?

The Army won both

1 Like

Not a proper area based club.

Teams from Athenry and Ballinasloe have won SHC and SFC titles but they weren’t the same clubs.

The roll of honour for the Galway SFC contains title wins by “Tuam Krugers” and “Athenry De Wets” in the 1900s.

The Boers must have been very popular around this neck of the woods at the time.

Laois Westmeath to play in the relegation play off at 2pm of a Saturday in fucking Thurles :joy:

Lahorna de Wets won a Tipperary SHC as well in 1902.

1 Like

The last time Limerick and Cork metin a league final was 1980, both draw and replayed games were in PUC, should this pairing happen again the final will be in TUS GG

1 Like

Who?

In fairness I don’t think Flatty was talking about rowing in the water. I think he was more referring to the kind of activities that happen outside Supermacs at 3am

3 Likes

Multiple world champion rower from Limerick. 4th in an Olympics

That Olympic team featured Galwegian Neville Maxwell

RTE2 bizarrely showed about half an hours’ highlights of the replay of this a couple* of years back.

*Probably about 10 to 15 years back.

1 Like

That was decades ago.