Allianz National Hurling League 2023

Good man

1 Like

:clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

From a Kilkenny pov, at least they have Cody, Mullen, Reid and maybe Wally to return to that forward line.

I like a lot Deegan brings but he turns over so much ball aswell. Drennan probably starts as do Keoghan & Donnelly. Hogan was only okay there, maybe an impact sub role could suit him. Thought Gearoid Dunne did well from the bench.

The HB line looks stronger than last year but question marks over defence as a whole. Still plugging gaps a little.

As for Cork, hard to know with them. A fair bit of time off now though, and they have fellas returning from injury. Do the likes of Hoggy, Tim, Fitzgibbon start? I think Ryan probably has to go with some of the younger fellas tbh.

Is motm taken from whomever the live tv coverage gives it too?

1 Like

I know Cork were missing a good few today but they were never out to win that, right from the start.

Very hard to take much from that game. Kilkenny will stick with Limerick for about 40 minutes and then they’ll pull away from them and win by about 7-8 points

1 Like

The deceased was a teetotaller

Agreed. Kilkenny should have enough to pull away from Limerick.

1 Like

He’s actually quite a tidy hurler. What’s missing is very much between the ears!

1 Like

I was thinking that myself, he’s probably one of the tidiest hurlers on the team

1 Like

CHAAAAARRRGGGEEEEE!!!

1 Like

He would say that wouldn’t he?

They’re probably lucky they have Waterford first; one team where you probably don’t need a ‘traditional’ full-back.

The switch to wing-forward really seems to be suiting Paddy Deegan. He was flying it today.

He is correct and it was the rule less than 10 years ago. It’s the current rule at club level. Same for soccer ect. Why was it even changed?

Limerick at 8/11 for the all Ireland is an interest rate you wouldn’t get off a bank

1 Like

If they only still had Frank Murphy around…

To paraphrase the great Brian clough I want to win the all Ireland but I want to win it better. I actually want us to play a sort of samba type hurling.

You not happy with the Limerick style these last few years?

1 Like