Allianz National Hurling League 2023

Not really no. I want us to score hat fulls of goals. These 1-37 to 0-25 games are boring.

4 Likes

Your correct. Limericks brand is very systematic and calculated. I enjoyed todays game much more even though it wasn’t near the same quality.

Limerick are like Usain Bolt when he started slowing down at the end of the 100 metres.

I think we could beat Waterford by 30 plus points if we really go at it.

How could enjoy todays game more. They were both trying to do similar things to Limerick just miles less accurate.

Limerick are so skillful they make it look easy.

Maybe it was the face there was mistakes and more longer deliveries which are contests.

The five in a row will mark 20 years since cork last won an all Ireland.

I still remember their supporters saying we’d be as well off setting turnips in the Gaelic grounds than trying to play hurling.

I really think you need to able to execute two different gameplans to beat Limerick.

Tipp last night at HT and in the MF in 21 had very good half time advantages.

However Limerick are the team to problem solve at HT. They have ultimate in their PA live stats and an ability to relay the issues to the team. The team also need a high hurling IQ to implement those.

It would be interesting if Tipp came out with a different gameplan in the 2nd half to double bluff Limerick.

9 Likes

Love your pureness.

It’s possibly the easiest short term money to earn in Europe/World sport betting (if you’re that way inclined) right now.

They’re not going to be to touched. That fact is absolutely inescapable. KK In their pomp had Tipp, these boys have nobody.

1 Like

A different game plan other than lying down and having their belly tickled might serve them better alright

2 Likes

Or are you ultimately better off going in a couple of points down at half time against them. May force you to make a few changes.

The Cahill/Bevans game plan is very punishing and even Waterford who have more athletic lads than Tipp blew up eventually.

Tipp need to let the ball and wrists do the work and not be running and playing passes into the “middle third” where you’d get killed by those dangerous fuckers Limerick have knocking around there.

Once O’Mara/Ronan Maher etc (even a one-two with Barry Hogan) get the ball 25 or 30 yards from their own goal they should be lamping it down onto the full forward line directly bypassing the rest. Kilkenny and Galway to an extent have done best against Limerick doing this. I know they have ball winners like Conor Whelan/TJ Reid inside, but its still the best approach.

The Cahill/Bevans model of running into these big, dangerous fuckers like WOD will only go so far and ultimately is doomed to failure over 70 minutes.

3 Likes

Tell you what kid. Tipp should start the round robin game with a 5 point cushion and the game shoukd be played behind closed doors in Clonmel. We’ll all stand on the hill in the hospital and hope for the best

We’d lose that too

1 Like

You just have to push up on Tipperary. The forwards will not fight for the ball, Jake Morris really is a fraud, gave it big licks but always goes missing when the work has to be done. Jason Forde is a lovey hurler but will not work, it is the simple facts of where Tipperary are currently.

I agree on Morris. He is useless.
Forde though has turned a corner. Different specimen athletically this year. Changed his whole lifestyle around. He is one of the top players in the country now. I’d be confident he will back it up in4 weeks time.

I just cannot see him getting ball when Kyle is patrolling the angles ball over his side, fine and we’ll when the QE2 is over there but you misplace it to Hayes and you are in trouble.

I’d give Morris a pass on last night.

It was a very difficult one to play in following the sad passing of Conor McCarthys father on Friday night.

Morris and McCarthy would be very close.

I didn’t realise that